How long do your Camera batteries/solar last?

I put out a couple cams last weekend. Still good battery life in them. I don’t know that I’ll keep using them after these die. This is getting ridiculous for the pics I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have Spartans, Christmas I got a 12v battery box for one. It ran from 12/26 till about 2 weeks ago. And for the first month it was on an active feeder. Not bad. Charged it for a few hours and it’s back at it. May convert all mine to that set up. It’s not super cheap but changing batteries every two weeks is worse

The problem with these cuddies and spypoints and tactacams is their quality is rough. I have buddies send me pics and I have no idea what they are trying to show me other than a grainy pic of a deer.
The low rez pictures sent to your email can get grainy at deer in the distance. I try to set all mine so deer are within 20 feet and if I have something I want a better picture of I just pull the card for a high rez picture.

Attachments

• T_00003.JPG
    T_00003.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 16
  • T_00018.JPG
    T_00018.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 13
  • T_00007.JPG
    T_00007.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 16
Here is my follow-up, given I now have one year on both the Cuddeback solar system and the SpyPoint solar system.

1) Cuddeback Cuddelink System
A) The discontinued J-series cameras with solar are working great...the Cuddeback system has been pretty much maintenance free, and both the 12AA (early version using rechargables) and 4D (later version) with PW3600 solar panels worked fine all winter. All J-cameras are in partial shade in the woods.
That's some great info, thanks! I figured the cuddelink system i use is a little pricey, now I know for sure. My 5 cuddelink units all use d cell batteries, don't have any solar. I put them out early August, take them down end of January. Will only have to change batteries once during that time for the cell unit and maybe 1 or 2 units that have a ton of traffic with a lot of pics. So, very pleased with the battery life considering the feedback i get. Yeah, I know it sends thumbnails, but so what. I use the info to know when big boy is on his feet in my area. If I want the hi-def pics, can always get them off the home card later. The system is not as complicated to set up and maintain as some say it is, and like 356 said, John V is an excellent resource, he's always avail and willing to help.
It's great to hear about your good success with a Spypoint network. I've been very pleased with Cuddelink the last 5 years. Reasonable battery life, cams continuing to work every year when i boot them up, almost instant valuable intel, no stomping up my hunting area to check cams, etc...I had no hesitation recently dropping almost $700 for another 4 L cams to add to my system.
I'm not a wealthy guy, but a networked cell system is very easily worth the money to me, and as 356 proved out, there's an even cheaper system out there that works great, too.

The problem with these cuddies and spypoints and tactacams is their quality is rough. I have buddies send me pics and I have no idea what they are trying to show me other than a grainy pic of a deer.

This is exactly why I haven't gotten and plan to get anymore Cuddes. I have mine set up for quite close captures, but too many spots where I need better pics at a distance. I can't remember if they're going to have a request HD option or not. The CuddeLink SD Mode is nice if one doesn't want to pay for any cell fees and doesn't need the pics sent to your phone. Spartan is my favorite at the moment. White flash/led.

Still interested in the BuckEye system just wish there was more feedback and a better website/info/ordering system. Guess you have to order ahead. https://habitat-talk.com/threads/bu...54-cameras-can-be-assigned-to-one-base.12137/

This is exactly why I haven't gotten and plan to get anymore Cuddes. I have mine set up for quite close captures, but too many spots where I need better pics at a distance. I can't remember if they're going to have a request HD option or not. The CuddeLink SD Mode is nice if one doesn't want to pay for any cell fees and doesn't need the pics sent to your phone. Spartan is my favorite at the moment. White flash/led.

Still interested in the BuckEye system just wish there was more feedback and a better website/info/ordering system. Guess you have to order ahead. https://habitat-talk.com/threads/bu...54-cameras-can-be-assigned-to-one-base.12137/
I couldn't get good info on the buckeye system either. 'ol yoderjack did his best to convince me on buckeye, but it got too deep with him, pretty expensive, and too difficult to purchase.

I couldn't get good info on the buckeye system either. 'ol yoderjack did his best to convince me on buckeye, but it got too deep with him, pretty expensive, and too difficult to purchase.

I noticed there's even less information on the website now. I don't know if it's a one man operation & the guy doesn't want anyone else involved or what. May as well just have them made in China 🤷‍♂️

M m. H. N ch hg. .

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hydrogen, nitrogen, mercury, methylidyne radical, molybdenum...yoderjak resurrected as squerril, giving us a chemistry lesson on batteries, but wants to remain incognito

download.gif

I've had a Spypoint running on AA lithium for nearly two years. Got a bunch of photos from it yesterday. The spot has decent cell service, and doesn't go into one of those windy day spasms like some of my other cameras get due to unfortunate placement.

Two Cuddelink cameras that were put on PW-3600 solar years ago have not been touched in 1,517 & 1,180 days respectivly. They do require the SD cards to be erased remotely on occasion. I'm hopeful the dozens of other cameras recently moved to the PW-003 solar will prove the same.

Hydrogen, nitrogen, mercury, methylidyne radical, molybdenum...yoderjak resurrected as squerril, giving us a chemistry lesson on batteries, but wants to remain incognito

That's hilarious. I had read he got banned or something but don't know the exact reason or if it's permanent. I'm not around much...too much time checking trailcam vids.

Got to love solar. First cam crossed 500 mark on a car battery core (failed rated amp test, but held voltage) with a 7w solar from Northern Tool. Second on a PW-3600.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628-213013.png
    Screenshot_20230628-213013.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 8
Mine with brownings have been working for 2 years with solar and thats at least several hundred pics a week