MN Brassica Questions

Pretty much the only way you attain results above the norm...no matter what state you live/hunt.

Yup, Buffalo Co has been doing for longer than anyone can remember and look at the results they get.

I've been in the wrong crowd as far as apple trees are concerned for a longgggg time :)

When I look long term, it makes a lot more sense to have a "permaculture" of fruit trees and clover. If I am lucky enough to live and hunt another 20 years, I know putting in annual foodplots probably won't be happening. A couple acres of fruit trees and white clover will provide tons (literally) of food year after year and could darn near provide at least some of that food year round. I need a couple more summer/early dropping apples.
Look at whitney, state fair, maybe lodi or norlund.

I've been in the wrong crowd as far as apple trees are concerned for a longgggg time :)

When I look long term, it makes a lot more sense to have a "permaculture" of fruit trees and clover. If I am lucky enough to live and hunt another 20 years, I know putting in annual foodplots probably won't be happening. A couple acres of fruit trees and white clover will provide tons (literally) of food year after year and could darn near provide at least some of that food year round. I need a couple more summer/early dropping apples.
I look at things like that also, but I have 10 years on you. I better get as much planted as I can at this point.

Got whitney, would like something dropping in July if possible.
You ever seen the maturity chart from Grandpa's? http://www.grandpasorchard.com/_ccLib/attachments/pages/GOWeb-MaturityChart-Apple+(2013).pdf

It's been a starting point for me for having discussions with my dad about what he's got and how it may perform in the wild and cold north.

Got whitney, would like something dropping in July if possible.
The whitney I have scion from occasionally ripens in late July. It is on the edge of Meeker/Kandyohi counties.

I would like a dependable July dropper, also. Has anyone researched norland or lodi for the zone 3-4 border?

Maybe the Canadian prairie apples are the answer.

UOTE="MNAaron, post: 70868, member: 117"]Approximately where in eastern otter tail county? I am by NYMs[/QUOTE]
NW Wadena

UOTE="MNAaron, post: 70868, member: 117"]Approximately where in eastern otter tail county? I am by NYMs
NW Wadena[/QUOTE]
Nice to see someone in the same neighborhood on the forum. Good luck this fall!!

NW Wadena
Nice to see someone in the same neighborhood on the forum. Good luck this fall!![/QUOTE]
It sure is! Good luck to u too!