Menards rebate program

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Anyone participate in this scheme? I’ve always wondered about it but never done it. I spend enough in there I should probably do it, but how big of a pain is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No pain. Cut off the rebate part of your receipt and mail it in with the rebate form and wait for your rebate to show up in the mail. Better yet, use your Menards credit card and get an additional 2% back every quarter.

The rebate program paid for the insulation and a miter saw stand when I built my cabin.

Agree. We have built several post frame kits of theirs. Sometimes we order the shell and then wait until the rebate comes in to purchase the garage doors, windows, etc…

How do the rebates come? Is it a paper certificate or credited to your Menards card?

How do the rebates come? Is it a paper certificate or credited to your Menards card?

Paper. You bring it in and use the full or partial value for a purchase. Buy what ever you want. I don't think there's an expiration on the rebate either. Use them as you get them or save them up for a bigger purchase.

We have used them here. No hassle and easy savings on future purchases. It's a great incentive IMO.

Still a scam, you have to go back and buy more stuff to spend it. No big deal if you are shopping there anyway easy to send it in, I would like it better if they just knocked 10% off everything and left it at that.
Lowes is cheaper, no rebate malarky, they let dogs in the store and they have veteran parking....they also didn't hire Pinkertons to enforce the mask thing during Covid like Menards did.

Still a scam, you have to go back and buy more stuff to spend it. No big deal if you are shopping there anyway easy to send it in, I would like it better if they just knocked 10% off everything and left it at that.
Lowes is cheaper, no rebate malarky, they let dogs in the store and they have veteran parking....they also didn't hire Pinkertons to enforce the mask thing during Covid like Menards did.
You say "scam".....I say it's smart business to get folks to keep shopping at your store. I also have a Lowes down in OZ and like them pretty much. No Menards in OZ. But Menards has so many more things they offer that Lowes does not have.....and visa versa I suppose. All these box stores are better at one thing than another.

I seem to split my biz between Lowes, Menards, Fleet Farm, and Home Depot. Mills Fleet Farm gets the most of my money, but the others all have their place.

Bought a couple tree stands online - $100 down to $49- had to fill out paperwork for a rebate. Took 25 min of richarding around and 3 month later i was sent a a rebate with a ton of stipulations and limits to be used for in person sales at one store only. Nope

If Menards ever went public with stock I would be a buyer ! A true cash machine .

I give a shit about wearing a mask. Closest Home Depot is 45 minutes away and closest Lowes is over an hour away. Menards gets my business. Don't have a dog either.

I give a shit about wearing a mask. Closest Home Depot is 45 minutes away and closest Lowes is over an hour away. Menards gets my business. Don't have a dog either.
They literally had real Pinkertons at the door demanding people were masked.

They literally had real Pinkertons at the door demanding people were masked.
Lots of folks were scared and lots of precautions were taken....especially in the early days. I remember folks letting their groceries sit in the garage for a few days to rid the dreaded disease that could be attached to the bags. Wore gloves to pump gas.

I think some of those stores were afraid the government would shut them down....thus the pinker tons, etc.

I price check on most items, if you use the rebate which is simple, Menards will save you money. In fact I think if everybody used the rebate then they would not be able to keep doing it, so I am glad if half of you continue to throw it in the trash. Most tire stores who offer free rotations of tires every 5000 miles would go broke if everyone took them up on that offer. Throw it away

Menards use to have a big discount for all you could put in one paper bag. If you chose the right items.....you could pack allot of stuff into a bag. Things like fasteners add up in a hurry. I think they discontinued that program.

So I have a method. I am in the military and get a 10% discount at Home Depot. It is very close to the Menards. If I can get it at Home Depot I do because I don’t have to fiddle with the rebate even though I personally don’t find it too inconvenient. Add to that if it is a big purchase I first go to our local Dillons (Kroger?) grocery store and buy a gift card. That gets me money off of gas. Win win. I filled up yesterday (32 gallons) at $1.95/gallon because of the gift card discount on my way to Home Depot to buy lumber at 10% off.

Home Depot used to honor the 11% rebate, but they didn't publicize it. They have stopped doing that...bummer!

Some things I buy at Menards but they are further from home than Lowes so buy most at Lowes.Get 5% just for using Lowes card.Also I don't like dogs in stores and didn't mind wearing a mask.Guess I saw enough people die from COVID complications and have treated too many dog bites lately.

I still check prices. Menards typically has a better price than Lowes. Its not a hassle to redeem the rebate, but you are at the mercy of thieves within the USPS to deliver your rebate card to you. We have had a few that just never showed up and Menards will not offer a replacement the last time I asked. They should just credit your Menards card with the rebate money just like many of the other credit card companies do. I always just take into account the price of the product without the rebate incase it never shows.

I still check prices. Menards typically has a better price than Lowes. Its not a hassle to redeem the rebate, but you are at the mercy of thieves within the USPS to deliver your rebate card to you. We have had a few that just never showed up and Menards will not offer a replacement the last time I asked. They should just credit your Menards card with the rebate money just like many of the other credit card companies do. I always just take into account the price of the product without the rebate incase it never shows.
Wow. Never had a problem with USPS around here. Can anyone use the rebate??