If You Are The Praying Type

The Chief Surgeon, the one who actually did our daughter’s procedure, came up to visit us today. He is going to personally take back over her treatment plan. We had a nice long talk. He had handed off her care to the surgical clinic and is unhappy with our progress. We have the surgical team suggesting we care for the wound one way which requires her catheter to be in, wound care redressing it and saying urine won’t hurt it, urology suggesting she could have a catheter the rest of her life, etc. He is the kind of guy that makes stuff happen. He is going to get everyone in the same room, actually in the same room and they will come up with a cohesive plan. He is personally going to see it through. It does seem that one of the internal stitches has come loose. I will spare you the details, but during one diaper change earlier this week, I got a perspective of the wound that made me vomit immediately. I’m sure the fact that it was my daughter contributed to that greatly. He suggested to us that what wound care did looks great. He is impressed with what they accomplished here in our room without going back to the OR. He also says her being on a catheter forever is nonsense. He is going to suggest they remove the catheter and simply wait for her to pee. He was the guy in there and knows exactly what he did and didn’t touch. He is positive there is no reason for her to not be able to pee. It looks like we are in it for the long haul though. My wife may have to live with her folks in KC for a while because they need to change the dressings at least every other day. In an effort to regain a bit of normalcy for my boy, he and I may bachelor it up at the house for a month or so and see what progress was made. Through all of this I keep telling myself that the good lord did this to us because we are capable both financially and family support wise to handle it. I can’t think of any other reason. Hopefully it kept it from having to happen to anyone else…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hang in there T

Praying for your little Angel

Thanks for the updates

bill

Praying for you and the family. If I can serve you or your family, send me a PM, as I am just an hour north of KC and get there frequently.

I appreciate that. I decided to make a trip home to see my boy yesterday morning. As is typical of our luck, the surgeons must have gotten a tip from the nurse about something they didn’t like with our baby’s wound. My wife called and told me they were taking her back into surgery. Naturally I was as far away as I could get. My boy was down for a nap so I turned around and headed straight back and arrived just as the surgeon was getting ready to talk to my wife. It seems another internal stitch had failed and they were worried about starting to lose ground. They took her in, cleaned everything really good, did some exploring to see why things might not be healing quite right and sewed her back up with several layers of stitches basically sewing their way out. She was groggy after the surgery, but doing way better than last time. The surgeon found nothing of concern and suggested it just needed to be pulled together better to make the two sides “stick.” She thinks this one is going to do the trick. This morning baby girl is all smiles and that’s all I could ask for for Father’s Day. I hope all you dads out there get to see/spend time with your kids today. Hold em tight.
e94ba9718fce7fca70036a2fa5c572e1.jpg

Sure thinking about you guys a lot. Thanks for the updates. It doesn't compare at all to what your little cutie is going through, but my daughter Bethany had a little surgery when she was 9 months old. Happy Father's day T-Max.

20150814_144345.jpg

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!

Our little girl was a "cranio" baby and had her skull restructured when she was 6 months old. That was almost 5 years ago and she's the happiest, strongest kid I know. Shes going to need another cosmetic touch up in a few years but otherwise full recovery. I'm very thankful my boy didn't have to go through that, he's a wimp compared to his younger sister.
136934.jpeg
20240409_190122.jpg

Sure thinking about you guys a lot. Thanks for the updates. It doesn't compare at all to what your little cutie is going through, but my daughter Bethany had a little surgery when she was 9 months old. Happy Father's day T-Max.

View attachment 65383

Aw, man… Never easy to see a kid like that. Glad things worked out. And I think we are truly headed in the right direction this time. I am familiar with stitches. I was not familiar with the other methods we tried.

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there!

Our little girl was a "cranio" baby and had her skull restructured when she was 6 months old. That was almost 5 years ago and she's the happiest, strongest kid I know. Shes going to need another cosmetic touch up in a few years but otherwise full recovery. I'm very thankful my boy didn't have to go through that, he's a wimp compared to his younger sister.
View attachment 65384
View attachment 65386

Now there is a picture of a fighter! It is incredible what they can do. That looks to have been a huge success!

T, I’m just now seeing this. I’m so sorry that this happened to your family, it’s always worse when it’s a child. That beautiful baby girl is going to be fine, and I’m going to send up a prayer right now for your family, the doctors, and that baby in particular, for comfort and for healing. Happy Father’s Day !