Menards rebate program

Wow. Never had a problem with USPS around here. Can anyone use the rebate??
Yes. They used to check your i.d and make you endorse it like a check, dont remember the last time they did that.

I had built my shop, and several out buildings from Menards material, when you get a rebate for $1000+ it is nice. My wife just does them online.

Menards use to have a big discount for all you could put in one paper bag. If you chose the right items.....you could pack allot of stuff into a bag. Things like fasteners add up in a hurry. I think they discontinued that program.
They still do the bag rebate but it's very infrequent compared to the whole store. I believe the bag one is 15%.

I had built my shop, and several out buildings from Menards material, when you get a rebate for $1000+ it is nice. My wife just does them online.
You can do them online?

I went to Menards today. There was a medium-sized dog in the cart of the couple in front of me. Menards is almost always cheaper than Home Depot here. The rebate has an expiration date to mail it but they've accepted numerous rebates I mailed in late. I'm not aware that they can be completed online, so I'm open ears on that one as well. I like HD and Lowes plants better. Menards has some bottom tier lighting thats junk. They're a bit limited on tool brands and such, but otherwise I prefer Menards to the others.

Memards rocks. Can't stand Lowes or home depot. Use the 11 percent and the additional 2 percent on the menards cc. It's really only one of three stores I shop

I like Lowes for their power tool lines, I am a DeWalt user. Menards carries Metabo which is decent, I have had good luck with their air tools. Sometimes their prices are better than Menards on materials. Menards has the best customer service by far out of those 3 stores locally. Customer service at our local Lowe's is terrible. If you need something you best be able to find it yourself. I hate going to Home Depot, I find their store layouts terrible and prices are almost always higher.

I prefer Menards, home Depot, and then ace hardware. I like being able to buy food, furniture, and power tools all in one spot.The rebate thing is annoying and I feel they price it in to their products.If I were a contractor id shop at Menards for my client then get a nice rebate

Yes. Very easy
I must be missing something, The only thing I see on their website is a form I need to print and send in. I'd be very interested in a way to do it all online. I assumed they didn't want it to be that easy because more people would do it then.

I always say their stuff must be over priced by 11% as the sale is always non-stop except for the last month of the year. LOL They make it as challenging as they can to keep people from sending in for the rebate. I will say I have found a few receipts still laying at the cash register and I figure those people arent coming back to get them.

I am mistaken. Like I said my wife does them, after just reading this I had to ask her, and she said she isn’t aware they do them on line. I apologize I had gotten your hopes up.

Not a fan of Lowe's or HD. I do buy a lot from HD because it's the only one in my town where I spend the winter. I've built several barns and houses, an indoor lumber yard is not your friend...

I use all three big box stores Menards does carry some items the other two don’t their sheetrock was far superior in quality to HD’s when I was building the house so I bought from them. I could also get some nice granite vanity tops I’ve used a couple times in diffrent bathrooms that the others didn’t carry. I don’t usually fool with the rebate nonsense but I guess if I were to buy enough product from them at any one time I might fool with it but all bets are off as to whether I actually would open the rebate check letter or toss is as junk mail this being a pretty high likelihood.

If you go thru these big box stores department by department.....each would have some advantages.....sometimes depending on the project you are doing. For example I like the plastic plumbing choices and the merchandising method that Menards has and the way they are displayed vs the other guys. Same goes for most fasteners and some lawn and garden supplies. They each have strengths and weakness's in the way they do things. After a while, if you shop all three, you know which store will likely have what you need. To me...Menards is hands down better on wood.....tho you need to often do some sorting to get decent product.....and some of that treated wood can be soaking wet....and HEAVY!

I dont mess with the rebate unless I spend about $100 or so. Sometimes we let reciepts build up...until we have "enough" to make it worth while. It does not take long for me. My wife will do the work if I give her the receipt and rebate form. It costs a stamp to get $10. or more in savings. It's not rocket science. A good deal.

I just fill in the rebate form online print it and mail it in. Not much hassle other than putting it in a usps drop box.

I use all three big box stores Menards does carry some items the other two don’t their sheetrock was far superior in quality to HD’s when I was building the house so I bought from them. I could also get some nice granite vanity tops I’ve used a couple times in diffrent bathrooms that the others didn’t carry. I don’t usually fool with the rebate nonsense but I guess if I were to buy enough product from them at any one time I might fool with it but all bets are off as to whether I actually would open the rebate check letter or toss is as junk mail this being a pretty high likelihood.

Couple thoughts. For me, as long as the rebate amount is greater than the cost of a stamp, I’m in. When we are working a project we will gather receipts for a while and mail in several at once. This last one for our lean to was over $500 itself. The rebate you get back is not a normal envelope. Very easy to distinguish it from a normal junk mail. I just filled one out yesterday and it took less than a minute. We write the “mail by” date on the outside and leave it by our outgoing mail box. Then we add to it until it’s time to drop it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menards seems to be good for consumables and supplies like lumber, mulch, amendments, tree cage wire, posts, fasteners, schedule 40 etc. When i need cedar chips to top up my ground blind, menards is the place to go.

Home Depot is where I go when I need tools, screen doors, locksets etc. Their plumbing department is awful.

A little time saver for those interested....when filling out the rebate forms, my wife just affixes a return address sticker you'd put on any postal letter onto the rebate card. You don't need to fill all that stuff in by hand if you don't want to.