Made it to the farm today

I'm north of LaBelle, in Lewis. Hope they hang on till I get there! How much rain have you had? I'm 6 hours from the farm.

Way more than we need right now. Just stopped raining again. I wanted to do some mowing this trip but no way I'm putting the tractor on these fields. It soupy!

image.jpeg Back home now. That trip was pretty much a wash out. Finding sheds was the highlight in between down pouring rain.
That and I got to pick up my son's buck from the taxidermist.

Beauty of a buck. Any idea of his age? What form - is it a 6900?

Beauty of a buck. Any idea of his age? What form - is it a 6900?

Typo but yes 9600. I think it's the most used form out there. Just a good look.

Age...dad has fallen down on that one. I have the teeth but haven't sent them in yet.

My guess is 3.5 maybe 4.5 tops. But the the tooth will tell.

Very nice! Always great to get them back, but especially when you're young. Congrats to your son!

That's a dandy buck !! Nice mount too. Your son can be proud of that one.

Nice deer on the wall there Bill....congrats to your boy.

Great looking mount. He must be pleased.

Nice looking mount. Sounds like you used someone in MO? I've been using a guy out of Bethany that does good work.

Great looking mount. He must be pleased.

He's a happy camper.
Nice looking mount. Sounds like you used someone in MO? I've been using a guy out of Bethany that does good work.

We use Ricks Taxidermy in Kirksville. He's on P between business 63 and the 63 bypass. He's been good to us over the years. Thankfully we've been good to him. Got the mount back in 4 months. Usually it's a year but I think he did it faster because he knew it was for a kid.

Best 10 day forecast since early May. Wish me luck, I'm hoping in the truck tomorrow morning.
I don't think I've planted any spring plots this late before. Beans should be fine if I can get them in.

I think I'm going light with planting and spraying off some spots for July brasicas. I'll put a plan together when I get there and see what I'm dealing with.

Any other year My blood pressure would be up and I'd be sweating bullets. Decided I'm not that going that route.
Be happy Mon, it ibe fine! Besides I have 8 acres of clover in various plots. They may be weedy but their feeding deer.

Bill........you will still be in the woods!!!

Beats a day in the office

bill

Get'r done - Bill! Be safe though!

I will be planting tomorrow as well, some of the areas I swear could grow rice this year............. how aggressive do I get? got 650lbs of assorted seed in the garage, do I bring it all?

I will be planting tomorrow as well, some of the areas I swear could grow rice this year............. how aggressive do I get? got 650lbs of assorted seed in the garage, do I bring it all?
Take it all

Made the farm this afternoon. No work on arrival day. But I did poke around.

The pear I found and opened up has fruit. Not like the the fruit tree guys but hey it's something.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Didn't have to plant beans, I have some volunteers.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Didn't get to mow the MG last time because it was too wet. Doesn't seem like it hurt anything new growth is doing well.

image.jpeg

Rye is ready to roll

image.jpeg image.jpeg

And thankfully my cameras are back on!
image.png