Made it to the farm today

Still pretty wet so I walked for miles today. Found some more Easter eggs. This one isn't staged it was right there 20 yards from the stand.image.jpeg image.jpeg

Watched this 8 all year.

image.jpeg

Pay dirt! I found the golden egg.
We called this deer lucky. If I kill him I'll have a good story. Spent hours looking for these antlers on my last trip and found them with in 20 minutes of hitting his bedding area this trip.

Don't call me a liar :). But I'm pretty sure I could have killed him late bow season. He was walking by the same stand several days a week. I decided to roll the dice since he survived MO rifle season.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Here he is with antlers attached walking by the stand.

WOW place looks great! Is this switch grass? I got to start researching natives and get some in the ground!

I think what you're referring to is Miscanthus Giganthus grass.

What kind of willows in your screen?

What kind of willows in your screen?

Thier hybrids from John.
He pays for the site but his marketing skills suck. :emoji_astonished::emoji_smile:
I don't think most people even know he sells them.

Bigrocktrees.com.

Just his hybrid willow?

Just his hybrid willow?

Yes sir. Click on hybrids then on willows. Mine were 24 inchers. If memory is correct this screen is about 5 or 6 years old.

Damn Bill, you cleaned up on the sheds!!!! I haven't found a single one this year - you got something working for you....that's for certain.

Damn Bill, you cleaned up on the sheds!!!! I haven't found a single one this year - you got something working for you....that's for certain.

The biggest thing working is location. I'd like to take credit but....
I mean, I'm so used to finding antlers that those big ones didn't even get me

No wait I was pretty happy.

image.png

Holy shitballs!! Nice sheds!!

Great thread. Love the pics. Your farm looks great!

Bill - We're now accepting stud service from your bucks at the farm. :emoji_astonished: Have big bone - will travel ???:emoji_thinking:

It's funny you showed a pic of a mowed trail and the increased deer travel on it. We noticed the same thing at camp. Even though the fields I mow trails in aren't hard for deer to walk through, they'll use the mowed strips like a sidewalk. Nice looking place, Bill !!

Anybody talking mushrooms in that part of the world yet?

No not yet. Which is probably why I'm finding sheds.

Not so many pics today. Here's an old hinge cut. Has to be at least 6 years old and still thriving.

image.jpeg

This is why I don't mind cutting and hinging white oaks. I'd rather have a bunch of 5 to 6 footers than one big nut dropper.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Ha ha, yes I cheat sometimes. And still sleep pretty well at night ;)

image.jpeg

Nice cam pic Bill.....glad to see you have'n some fun!!!!

Most of my cam pics of me have this fat, ugly looking into it with that look on his face.....you know the one, the "is this damn thing even working?" look!!!!

And you typed "big nut dropper".....hahahahaha.....ok, yes, I'm immature....just ask my wife and kids!

I have found small greys in Lewis county, I think I'm a ways south of Bill. Found our first shrooms March 28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found small greys in Lewis county, I think I'm a ways south of Bill. Found our first shrooms March 28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm north of LaBelle, in Lewis. Hope they hang on till I get there! How much rain have you had? I'm 6 hours from the farm.

Nice sheds Bill!