All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Made it to the farm today

Looks very healthy right now Bill!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Looks very healthy right now Bill!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thanks. Purely an accident as I never did it before. Just read enough here to give me the guts to try.

I had no business drilling beans today. But I did it anyway ;)
05467924-1C49-4965-979B-7CC92AE4A1AE.jpeg

Luckily I saw this before putting it through a tire.
7B160133-57CB-4358-ABA1-900EB4B7F2AE.jpeg

Are you terminating rye with front loader while drilling beans?

Are you terminating rye with front loader while drilling beans?

Yep. I found it much easier than coming back with a cultipacker. Just let the bucket skip off the dirt a bit as you go. All the water we’ve had stunted the rye a bit so it didn’t all lay down nice and pretty. Check out post 64, theres a good video of the process on mature rye..

I had no business drilling beans today. But I did it anyway ;)
View attachment 24463

Luckily I saw this before putting it through a tire.
View attachment 24464
Too wet here for sure. I’ve pretty much said I’m not planting anything this Spring but I still look at seed everyday.

My farm was flooded still this weekend. I don't know when I'll get mine in.

Too wet here for sure. I’ve pretty much said I’m not planting anything this Spring but I still look at seed everyday.

To wet here also. I set my seed depth really low and press wheel won’t close the mud back up. I just figured this was one step up from broadcasting and cultipacking.
3F383182-E63C-4737-A188-DDBD3598CB82.jpeg

My farm was flooded still this weekend. I don't know when I'll get mine in.

That’s stinks. Like I said above I was going to just broadcast and pack.

Plant in the mud and the crop is a dud. Plant in the dust and the bins will bust. Stupid rain and mud. I am gonna stab in the last of my beans on the farm tomorrow and replant a couple spots in the corn.

Plant in the mud and the crop is a dud. Plant in the dust and the bins will bust. Stupid rain and mud. I am gonna stab in the last of my beans on the farm tomorrow and replant a couple spots in the corn.

The next two thunderstorms will swell the mud right around them. They’ll be great food plots. Production beans, probably not.

And I was laying in the mud picking mud out the seed tubes a few times....:emoji_rage:
But hey it’s in..

Got my mount back today. Deer on the right.
My brothers deer from last fall is on the left.
Poor lighting. I’ll have to take some pics with daylight.

D8209449-95D8-48E8-947C-242231A6BACA.png

Awesome mounts Bill!

I tried to spring plant this last year and it got dry. Replanted last fall and it worked perfectly. Second times the charm I guess.

A7FB5E76-7893-4B05-A8E4-0A0EDC472A3A.jpeg8124B3CB-E05C-4B31-B31C-A5B8E37942FF.jpeg

My neighbor and I went in on a gps tracking/paint system for spraying. Cheapest one out there so it’s not perfect.
Just playing with it here. I like how it works but I don’t know how real farmers use these things and don’t wreck...unless they have auto steer.

I found myself trying to follow lines on a screen and not actually looking where I was going.:emoji_astonished:
But I’m only 10 minutes in so it should get better with time..
339E0AED-54B1-44E7-8D1F-99D5EFD9FB0E.jpeg

They're accurate enough to navigate down a narrow river in the pitch black and miss rock piles and whatnot (pins added by us in the daylight)

To wet here also. I set my seed depth really low and press wheel won’t close the mud back up. I just figured this was one step up from broadcasting and cultipacking.

Bill ... what type of planter do you use?

Do you get plant material build-up when planting in vegetation like that?

Bill ... what type of planter do you use?

Do you get plant material build-up when planting in vegetation like that?

6 foot GP drill. Before I started putting in rye I would get old beans all tangled into the drill. Had to mow before I could plant. The rye doesn’t brake off and acts like a comb between the colter disks and cleans out all the trash.