Made it to the farm today

Posted this elsewhere but want a copy here. My first graft

AFAB72A6-1738-4BCA-9651-702D760C67B1.jpeg
DC924426-B4DB-4EAB-BF53-334A1757277F.jpeg

Don’t like to disk but I wanted to cover some urea. Broadcast my brassicas and clover today and packed them.
I did two other spray and throw seed plots also. If they come up I’ll top dress it again.

PLEASE rain!

As soon as the wind lays down I’m getting after the weedy beans on the left.
18C467D4-70DE-4DAF-9234-0C5F1D60A2DB.png

Posted this elsewhere but want a copy here. My first graft

View attachment 25595
View attachment 25596

Don’t like to disk but I wanted to cover some urea. Broadcast my brassicas and clover today and packed them.
I did two other spray and throw seed plots also. If they come up I’ll top dress it again.

PLEASE rain!

As soon as the wind lays down I’m getting after the weedy beans on the left.
View attachment 25597

Bill ... are you discing or using a rotary tiller?

Ok Bill, been a while since I stopped by so we got some catching up to do...

#1 - the mount looks great. I wish I had "lighting issues" to the point my bucks looked like that!
#2 - the rye/clover plot looks great, but we gotta get you some flip-flops and cargo shorts for your summertime habitat work!
#3 - in your picture of your graft...why do you have sticks wired to your tree? Additional support?
#4 - the rain...what an uncooperative PITA! YOU, like me, had too much in the spring and now that we needs some, we can't get it!

Bill ... are you discing or using a rotary tiller?

Disk lightly then I clutipack the snot out of it..

Ok Bill, been a while since I stopped by so we got some catching up to do...

#1 - the mount looks great. I wish I had "lighting issues" to the point my bucks looked like that!
#2 - the rye/clover plot looks great, but we gotta get you some flip-flops and cargo shorts for your summertime habitat work!
#3 - in your picture of your graft...why do you have sticks wired to your tree? Additional support?
#4 - the rain...what an uncooperative PITA! YOU, like me, had too much in the spring and now that we needs some, we can't get it!

1. thanks
2. Cargo shorts I have. My mother got me flip flops for the lake when I was about 8. I was like a cat with tape on its feet. Just not for me...
3. Native Hunter told me to...but yes for extra support in the wind.

4. Always on way or the other. To wet, to dry.

I’m getting slower with age. Darn thing like 4 hours to build.
Small platform for a pop up blind.

23779E21-503F-46DE-ADA1-E3A8AF728BE7.jpeg

Legs just setting on the ground or a paver of some sort or are they actually in the ground? 4 hours....I would still be gathering materials and tools in 4 hours. 8 foot long legs? Did you tie your cross members together?

I got a set of brackets that have been sitting for a year or better now with the intent on using them....but my project list never seems to include it.

I'll have to break out the cargo's and flip-flops and get to work I guess. But I probably will start on the gravity cart project first.

I’m getting slower with age. Darn thing like 4 hours to build.
Small platform for a pop up blind.

I know the feeling, 4 hours is not too bad though ... just in time for lunch and some closed eye meditation in the easy chair :emoji_wink:

Legs just setting on the ground or a paver of some sort or are they actually in the ground? 4 hours....I would still be gathering materials and tools in 4 hours. 8 foot long legs? Did you tie your cross members together?

I got a set of brackets that have been sitting for a year or better now with the intent on using them....but my project list never seems to include it.

I'll have to break out the cargo's and flip-flops and get to work I guess. But I probably will start on the gravity cart project first.

Just sitting on the ground. I plan to move it with the front loader when the crops come off. Yep 8 foot legs. Didn’t tie the crossmembers together. Probably should.

I know the feeling, 4 hours is not too bad though ... just in time for lunch and some closed eye meditation in the easy chair :emoji_wink:

I should have been clearer on that 4 hours. All the lumber and flooring was pre cut to length on my last trip.
Would have taken me all day other wise :emoji_slight_smile:

How's the A/C in the UTV?

Just sitting on the ground. I plan to move it with the front loader when the crops come off. Yep 8 foot legs. Didn’t tie the crossmembers together. Probably should.

I should have been clearer on that 4 hours. All the lumber and flooring was pre cut to length on my last trip.
Would have taken me all day other wise :emoji_slight_smile:

LOL!!!! An honest man ... I know the feeling ... be well and be safe!

How's the A/C in the UTV?

Terrible!
I used the swisher rough cut to mow all my clover while sitting in A/C.

Now I want it on my tractor!:emoji_scream:

Truthfully it’s nice. Polaris A/C isn’t like sitting in your trucks A/C. But man it’s a real improvement over wind...

Well if the 1/2” we got the other day didn’t get the brassicas to germinate this mornings monsoon should do it.

Hope the cultipacker had it lodged in good enough that it isn’t all washed out.....
Should be real good for my other two throw and grow plots.

FA883B27-AD77-4F59-B0D2-8D5C18C00238.jpeg

All things in moderation.... I remember this spring all it seemed to do was rain...now we look forward to, even beg for, a nice rain shower!

In the spring....I thought I was going to be planting rice....now I need something more like a cactus!!!!

I could sure use some of that rain here!

Well I guess it shows when you open the broadcaster, then get in the side by side, then hit the electric spinner.

Oops, Just a bit heavy to start with but my cultipacker lines look like their greening up nicely also.

3FDA5CB6-1BBC-4FDC-8F6C-28D97DEC102F.jpeg