Lithium camera batteries AA. Ouch!!

I am experimenting with rechargeable Lithium batteries. They cost $3.75 each ($15 per 4 pack) and come with the USB charger from Amazon.
IMG_0537.jpeg

I deployed these Nov 10 on a Muddy Matrix set for Instant video. Using Energizer AA alkaline I got 7 days on this setting which includes a warning about high battery consumption on instant mode. The camera is also set to take and transmit hi-resolution still pictures on surveillance mode. Regular (non-rechargeable) Lithiums gave onay 12 days service on this setting, which was very disappointing. These rechargeable lithiums provided 8 days. They recharge in a couple of hours, and put out 1.63 v, which is consistent among the 8 batteries.

Pros: Charge fast (2 hours). Life is between alkaline and non-rechargeable lithiums.
Cons: One battery did not take a charge—something I found only when I tried to power up the camera. Likely a connection issue, as I was able to recharge that battery back at home, but it does mean I need to check the voltage after charging.
Meh: The charger has green LEDs that blink when charging and are steady when charged. Not sure if I missed a blinking one or if it gave a false steady.

Conclusion: I am converting the camera to solar with a built in lithium battery. So far these work better than alkaline and almost as well as Lithium non-rechargeable lithiums. I will re-deploy these on a non-solar, non-instant picture camera.