All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's See Those Brassicas

I checked two brassica plots this morning on two separate properties only about a mile apart. The one plot is ptt, kale, and radishes it isn’t being touched.

The other plot was ptt, der, and radishes ant it is getting worked over fairy hard. They both were TNM plots. The one that isn’t getting any attention germinated well. Unfortunately the one that had poor germination is getting hit and I doubt it’s going to last long.

The difference could be that there is a soybean plot less than a 100 yrds away from the brassica plot that’s getting the attention.
(It’s not the rape because it didn’t grow)
7bd0eac999c6ddf3ee5b0af05c2dde04.jpg
06135272afba6d62052ed537f12f4ceb.jpg
3b72a7251259710298124753210a24e2.jpg

I just can’t figure out my deer/brassica relationship. This could be one of the years they use them and it might go another 3 years before they are touched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have noticed they like them a lot more if you add nitrogen to them. They ate my 2 3/4 acre plots down to the dirt. But when I skipped nitrogen, they never touched them. Maybe your one plot has a better banked nitrogen in the soil?

It’s possible but both plots were TNM following clover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk