LandPride 3P606NT Drive wheel height

WKyGasDoc

5 year old buck +
Curious if many people had to lower their drive wheel on their brand (mine is as above) of drill for better operation? Mine is still set at the stock setting. I live in a predominantly clay soil type. I have considered lowering it. My first year with the drill last year worked OK but at times I thought I needed more depth. I leveled the drill with the top link as instructed. Is it a pain to adjust? Does the stock setting serve most people?

Mine always skipped in the setting mine came in. I lowered the axle 2 holes 10 years ago, and have never had to mess with it again. If you look back and the drive chain is skipping, I'd get it over with and lower it.

I was told by Landpride rep that the stock wheel height is set for the majority. I noticed the wheel skipping a little during my fall planting (first week of August). I didn't think much of it since I felt it was fairly minor. Well, a visit to my plots this week shows it was definitely skipping more than I thought. I will be lowering my wheel by 2 notches.

I smile because i have same questions as every one of your posts

I used my drill for the first time this spring

I had to lower the drive wheel 2-3 settings

It does help to have 2 people(IMO) but the concept is simple and easy enough to apply

Access to the wheel requires crawling /working around implement arms,etc

As per protocol, profanity is always helpful

bill

thanks guys, Monday supposed to be rainy. I am gonna lower it. I even bought a hydraulic top link to make adjustments easier, (and It did), but after multiple releveling attempts , adjusting press wheels etc. We will see how it goes, I do know my first use with the drill was in a sunflower attempt , in a mushy area and I planted too deep. In late summer in West Ky, everything (soil) is much harder.