Firminator ATV Model Review

Steve will be one of the reasons they sell any. People trust is honesty and opinion.
This ^^^^. He is the only paid guy that I even listen to. And I'm not just sucking a$$. It's the truth.

I don't see it as being a good fit for everyone, in every situation. Like any other potential purchase some will think it's too rich, some won't.

I was just really impressed and Whip and a couple others asked me to review it a couple months ago. So, I obliged. I probably wouldn't have if I didn't like it, but I wouldn't have used it on the show if I felt that way, either. I'd lost hope in ever finding an ATV implement I wouldn't be bitterly disappointed in and am actually excited that I've found one that I'll be using the snot out of for many years to come. You guys are about the only ones out there that might get how anyone could be excited about a tool that turns dirt, particularly in areas that a tractor can't reach well or at all.
Don't get me wrong Steve. It looks like a great piece of equipment, and if I did as much plot work as you, I could easily see myself justifying an implement like that. Thank you for giving us the information

I knew what you meant, Satch...the lower stuff was just a general comment.

As for the "trustworthiness," that means a lot. Heck, not to sound sappy, but it means more to me than you guys realize, and I do my best to see I never take that for granted or abuse it.

When I was a young kid, an uncle I was working for was furious with his son for some reason. He told me something I never forgot. You can work your whole life to try to earn someone's trust and never get it completely, but it only takes a second to lose it all and never get it back. Those weren't the exact words. I was only 12 or so. Even as a dumb kid, I was smart enough to realize I'd just learned one of life's best lessons for free.

No one has enough money to compensate for advice like that. That type of advice is best paid for with hard knocks, blood, sweat, and elbow grease.

Here is the problem with most in the Deer Hunting Industry Today. Something I have not noticed Steve doing yet! And hope never will!

The other shows: Hi folks, on this weeks show we are driving to kansas in my new Ford truck. We are heading to the best outfitter in Kansas at Door Knob outfitters with My new Mathews Bow. I am wearing my Under armor with Advanced Sitka gear over the top. We have in the back of the truck all of our Big game tree stands with safety harnesses from who gives a shit harness company. Can't get there without our shell gas to get us in and out of the field to mount our moultrie cameras from Gobber gary's camera shop on board as well. etc etc!

You get the rest of the story!

It looks interesting on a small tractor. That's a lot of work for a 4 wheeler.

I'm good, don't have a need for one but I am curious if you have used it on soil that hasn't been turned in a few years? Also what's your clay content like? I plant when I can, sometimes that means abusing equipment and unfortunately fields. I could see me plugging that thing up with clay and straw and having it slide across the field doing nothing.

I see this only because I've done it with a great plains drill which is way heavier. It doesn't take much thick trash to plug up the coulters on a GP causing it to slide and they seem much taller than these. Add some wet clay to the trash and you have biblical times Egyptian concrete to dig out.

Here is the problem with most in the Deer Hunting Industry Today. Something I have not noticed Steve doing yet! And hope never will!

The other shows: Hi folks, on this weeks show we are driving to kansas in my new Ford truck. We are heading to the best outfitter in Kansas at Door Knob outfitters with My new Mathews Bow. I am wearing my Under armor with Advanced Sitka gear over the top. We have in the back of the truck all of our Big game tree stands with safety harnesses from who gives a shit harness company. Can't get there without our shell gas to get us in and out of the field to mount our moultrie cameras from Gobber gary's camera shop on board as well. etc etc!

You get the rest of the story!

You forgot soooooo much.

They hunted over wildlife research planted plot with monster raxx minerals.

how could they possibl go hunting without nose jammer or oZonics? Maybe they even had an "ah ha" moment.

I enjoy seeing brooks on Steves Show the other day. That is the stuff most like. I don't need to know what brand of fricken Boxers they are wearing while they are dropping trees on each other though! Geez some of these shows are getting bad on the endorsements!

It looks interesting on a small tractor. That's a lot of work for a 4 wheeler.

I'm good, don't have a need for one but I am curious if you have used it on soil that hasn't been turned in a few years? Also what's your clay content like? I plant when I can, sometimes that means abusing equipment and unfortunately fields. I could see me plugging that thing up with clay and straw and having it slide across the field doing nothing.

I see this only because I've done it with a great plains drill which is way heavier. It doesn't take much thick trash to plug up the coulters on a GP causing it to slide and they seem much taller than these. Add some wet clay to the trash and you have biblical times Egyptian concrete to dig out.

No, I didn't break sod with the ATV version. I did about 10 acres of sod, heavy clay with the 8' tractor model and was pleasantly surprised.

The plot in the pics is a heavy soil and I really should have let it dry out for at least 3 more days before trying to break ground. It wasn't swamp like wet, but damper than it should have been. One of the main reasons it took me 15ish mins to get the setting right so it wouldn't pug up on me. I did the first pass with the discs straight and only a couple inches deep, just to better chop up the cereal rye. I increased the aggression and depth the second pass and went most aggressive on the 3rd, but also used the cultipacker to smooth out the seed bed on the 3rd pass. The 4th, I dumped seed, lightly disced them in, while packing harder over top.

That's a very long way of saying, all the adjustments were what allowed me to do it without clogging it. I did clog it good a handful of times while I was trying to find the sweet spot. I'm pretty confident the same would occur with sod, but can't swear to it yet.

This one takes a little focus to understand everything he is saying, but good old Roland Martin is the absolute WORST in the product marketing in his shows.

This one takes a little focus to understand everything he is saying, but good old Roland Martin is the absolute WORST in the product marketing in his shows.

You get it! LOL

I enjoy seeing brooks on Steves Show the other day. That is the stuff most like. I don't need to know what brand of fricken Boxers they are wearing while they are dropping trees on each other though! Geez some of these shows are getting bad on the endorsements!

It's something I grapple with, as well. Everyone does. It's the insane amount of competition for show sponsorship $. There's so many competing for such a small piece that they literally have to trip over each other to go more and more over the top. You know no one with enough $ to buy these products are taking them seriously. I know that, but a lot of kids in the marketing departments of these companies don't, and the companies that do value the branding.

I can't overstate how lucky I am not to be in that position. I play small ball. A company is far more willing to let me do my own thing for 5K than they are when asking for 30+K, and I'm extremely selective in the companies I work with. If they don't value me wearing their hat or using a product of theirs, without telling everyone that I couldn't have possibly killed that buck without using _____, __________, ______ and ______, that's their right. Luckily, I can survive without working with them and the companies I do work with value that you guys actually take me seriously.

We take you very seriously, At least I do.

Well until you start wearing designer jeans under you designer chaps. Then I may have a problem....;)

Midwest Outdoors is the worst. When I am really bored, I will count the number of sentences in a segment where they are not pumping something. I have been through many where they don't even talk about the fishing. Also why I enjoy the Linder shows. They still pump, but they talk some biology too.

"We're up here fishing with the folks out of Adrain's resort. Jerry, tell us about your operation. Well Dave we have deluxe cabins with full kitchens, showers, individual bedrooms, satellite tv and a hot tub. We also have a bar and grill so when you're done fishing for the day, you can come in and have dinner and a few drinks with the guys.

"You've also got a heated fish shack, is that right?"

"Yeah, (cut away to cleaning shack) we've got a grinder, running water, a heater, and plenty of space to clean your catch."

"Hey speaking of cleaning fish, you're a big believer in the Skinzit aren't you?"

"Oh yeah, there's not better way to clean fish these days."

"Ooh, phil's got one on there (pulls up a ten inch walleye). Grab the Frabil! Grab the Frabil! How's the fight on that Fenwick rod?"

"Dave nothing matches this rod for sensativity, and it's a great price for the quality of rod you get."

"Now you caught that fish using a Vibrado didn't you Phil?"

"Oh yeah Dave, hands down this jig outfishes live bait for me any time of the year, but you've got to have the right colors, so be sure to get some of each."

"And if the fish are a little finicky, you'll just hit that with some Baitmate right?"

"Never leave home without my Baitmate."

"That fish is going to be tasty with some of the new Cajun mix by the folks at Shore Lunch. If you like the regular recipe, you've got to try the Cajun mix folks. You can find it at your local Fleet Farm."

Cut to commercial.

So where can I find Steve's show?

Steve
Thanks for the review.
From what I know your shooting straight with us. Yes it's an expensive piece of equipment. Is it for me, no. But for others it my be the cat a$$. Not many machines out there that you can do a good job with an ATV but this does look like one of them.

OMG... John Gillespie..... I am serious,,, I watch his show just because it is SOO Annoying.

And yes, good old Midwest Outdoors. Greg Jones is such a tool. We were fishing the Upper Miss a few years ago. We were grilling with some friends at Wilson Park after banging up smallies. Greg walked up and just wedged into the group we were with and went on his rampage about smallie fishing the river.

I am not here to say I am a pro smallie guy, but I can hold my own. I have seen that guy fishing on teh river a few times, and its comical watching him with his Zebco throwing spinnerbaits..... That guy is NOT a fisherman I am sorry to say.
He is good at a guide holding his hand on TV shows...................

Man did we get off topic!! HAAAAAAAAAAA

Steve, I agree with everyone. I really enjoy what you have to say. I may not agree with the Firmanator being something I would ever consider buying, but I respect your review and report on it.

Thanks for the product review, Steve. Thst machine looks like it can do some work!