Firminator ATV Model Review

So where can I find Steve's show?

Grow `em Big, 6-8 min episodes every other week, is on D&DH's web site (www.deeranddeerhunting.com and then click the Shows tab to find all episodes of Grow `em Big...we're 14 episodes in), they are also posted to YouTube and on D&DH's facebook page. Each episode is one a single feature of habitat or deer management.

Hunt `em Big will start in September and air in the same places, also every other week, running through deer season. Same premise, only focusing on hunting tips.

I, along with Gordy Krahn, Mark Kiser and Dan Schmidt all co-host D&DH TV on NBC Sports. I can't take any credit at all for it (not being falsely modest, just the truth), but that show has taken a giant step up this year. The production team has made one of the better shows on TV and is number 1 so far this year on NBC Sports for their hunting shows. All of that credit goes to the addition of a Gordy and Mark, as well as the production and show lay out improvements. It's still not quite as how-too as I keep pushing them towards, but it's a lot closer than it used to be.

It's Destination Whitetail that's on Sportsmans Channel and Land of Whitetail is on Pursuit. I'm technically not on either of them, but Land of Whitetail is a lot of old D&DH TV. So, I sneak onto that a decent amount. Destination Whitetail has done a "Steve Bartylla show" the last 2 years, trying to better brand me for D&DH TV, the web shows and the magazine.

I know these new atvs are pretty impressive machines, with a lot of power. That machine is going to give u a lot of atv time if u have anything to cut up. Going from beans to beans would be a piece of cake with this thing.
If u start talking corn, rye, thick clover/alfalfa, grass or anything with a stalk, this thing is gonna struggle.
You can buy a pretty nice tractor and a disc, for less than this thing. Add in a tiller, and u are set.
I see no benefit having everything combined. I really don't like that disc, no matter how heavy it is. If it is heavy, better know a good atv mechanic, and there are few good ones.

I haven't tried taking down corn or sod with it yet (as mentioned earlier, I did true sod busting with the tractor version, but not the ATV), but the pictures are of taking a thick, mature cereal rye plot and turning it into a bean plot with 4 passes. I also turned a couple thick clover plots, but they were easy compared to the cereal rye in the pics in the OP.

Not arguing with you. Just pointing out what I have/haven't done and how it worked for me.

I know these new atvs are pretty impressive machines, with a lot of power. That machine is going to give u a lot of atv time if u have anything to cut up. Going from beans to beans would be a piece of cake with this thing.
If u start talking corn, rye, thick clover/alfalfa, grass or anything with a stalk, this thing is gonna struggle.
You can buy a pretty nice tractor and a disc, for less than this thing. Add in a tiller, and u are set.
I see no benefit having everything combined. I really don't like that disc, no matter how heavy it is. If it is heavy, better know a good atv mechanic, and there are few good ones.
I haven't tried taking down corn or sod with it yet (as mentioned earlier, I did true sod busting with the tractor version, but not the ATV), but the pictures are of taking a thick, mature cereal rye plot and turning it into a bean plot with 4 passes. I also turned a couple thick clover plots, but they were easy compared to the cereal rye in the pics in the OP.

Not arguing with you. Just pointing out what I have/haven't done and how it worked for me.

I have had no problem taking down rye with clover either with my UTV and disc.

From this:

IMAG0118_zpswg4tlcjd.jpg

To this:

IMG_1395_zpscvrydk0l.jpg

IMG_1392_zpsfhyogglq.jpg

From this:

IMAG0118_zpswg4tlcjd.jpg

To this:

IMG_1395_zpscvrydk0l.jpg

IMG_1392_zpsfhyogglq.jpg

I use my Roth ATV disc also Brad. I haven't had any problems with discing rye. I have no doubt that the Firminator will get the job done also. Steve if you ever get the chance to see a Roth ATV disc in action you would be amazed at what they can do. Unfortunately they quit making them. I believe there are several members on here that have them.

Yes a Roth disk is a tank. Mine's been doing a good job for me. It's getting a well deserved rest since I have a tractor and tiller now. I'd be glad to demo it to anyone.

From this:

IMAG0118_zpswg4tlcjd.jpg

To this:

IMG_1395_zpscvrydk0l.jpg

IMG_1392_zpsfhyogglq.jpg
No offense but that rye is pretty thin. For plots this size I can see these atv implements being practicial. You start Getting to an acre plus, you better set aside a better part of the day. Some guys like the seat time, I don't even like cutting my grass. To wach their own

No offense but that rye is pretty thin. For plots this size I can see these atv implements being practicial. You start Getting to an acre plus, you better set aside a better part of the day. Some guys like the seat time, I don't even like cutting my grass. To wach their own

No question. That's why next year when I am over 4 acres I will have a tractor with a tiller. I would not think of doing that much with my wheeler. But it does work. I do 0.50 acre with it and it goes quick.

U can't till something like mature rye, I've mowed and tilled though. U still get the tiller a little clogged once in a while. It heats up so u gotta clean it out.

No question. That's why next year when I am over 4 acres I will have a tractor with a tiller. I would not think of doing that much with my wheeler. But it does work. I do 0.50 acre with it and it goes quick.
Any word on when you get your tractor?