Land Tour at Foggy's Place

Told Art I would post more pics. I may not burn some of this stuff.....as I have a good "wall" built which provides a screen at this plot. I got a few other piles I think I will burn. Lots accomplished in a few hours of stacking time.
PILE.jpg
WALL.jpg

I suppose my brush "wall" is about 8 feet high x 60 yards long x 5 yards wide. Not much point to burn it.....as I would just grow a line trees here anyway.....which I can still do.

Some of my German blood always wants to clean everything up. ;)

Is that area behind the pile in bottom pic capable of additional plot? If it is you could burn it to make your corn plot bigger.

On a west wind one of your enclosed blinds behind that wall of brush be a great place to sit.

foggy tractor fix.jpg
Saw this and thought of your tractor tire issue Foggy!

And they say Farmers are dumb!

Attachments

• foggy tractor fix.jpg
    foggy tractor fix.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 0
Is that area behind the pile in bottom pic capable of additional plot? If it is you could burn it to make your corn plot bigger.
Yep. It would make a small plot.....and I am considering doing just that.

10-4 Brooks. Getting so nobody will sit in a ladder stand anymore. Seems our group is spoiled with the box blinds and HEAT. I'm pretty much there too. :D

View attachment 3219
Saw this and thought of your tractor tire issue Foggy!

And they say Farmers are dumb!

Yep.....I considered putting the loader to the ground and just skidding the tractor back to the shed. If I would have had the dirt bucket on that would work pretty good......but I had my grapple on, and that sucker digs in too much. ;)

Yep. It would make a small plot.....and I am considering doing just that.

10-4 Brooks. Getting so nobody will sit in a ladder stand anymore. Seems our group is spoiled with the box blinds and HEAT. I'm pretty much there too. :D

With all those trails planted with food, I bet your success would drop if hunting in ladder stands. The less defined travel you have the harder it seems to pick 'downwind' stand locations.

With all those trails planted with food, I bet your success would drop if hunting in ladder stands. The less defined travel you have the harder it seems to pick 'downwind' stand locations.
Yep....but the thing is the trails are planted in clover. Clover is pretty much diminished and not the top choice when rifle season comes along. Then....it's time for turnips, sugar beets, and rye and such. Then too.....there is a reason for those long trails......guns shoot long distances. ;)

Our box blinds really do limit the scent tho. Amazing how well they do in that department.

My deer are still digging through the snow for a mix of clover and trefoil when there are turnips rape and radishes only 100 yards away. I always thought they would abandon the clover as well and maybe they only want the birdsfoot right now?

Great point on the long lanes and guns though. I need a couple spots like that for my dad.

This fall, my clover was in much better condition at rifle season than other years. We had a pretty mild October.....and the clover was still quite palatable up to the cold onset right at the gun season. Most other years the clover is pretty much toast by November......IME. Not sure about trefoil. Chicory remains attractive tho....even when frozen the deer paw the ground for the roots....especially in dry years.

Glad to see you guys got together! Bet it was a good time! Hope us Mo boys can get together some time to shoot the bull

Foggy, you gotta teach me how you hoodwinked all these consultants to come survey your land for free. :D

Food and Drink will do it every time. ;)

Foggy, you gotta teach me how you hoodwinked all these consultants to come survey your land for free. :D

Shssss!

The trick is we hoodwinked foggy into thinking we were consultants so we could drink his beer.
He almost fell for it when I teached 'im how to rain dance, but then he never paid for the lesson.
He's gullible and thinks he is now a Jack Pine savage.

Only the people in Arizony think he is a JPS.

Shsss.

Free Beer and Barbecue......works every time. ;)

I thought about this a bit. I don't know how I could get a finer group of consultants to have a look at my land. About the only thing lacking is a written report......but I got that above ^^ in the way of this thread. :D Hosting a "land tour" or field day, generates ideas or may solidify a few thoughts about your land.

I gotta say: Early-on....I came to these types of web-sites primarily to get information. Maybe I'm from an older generation....but I never considered "social networks" or web-friendships. I just showed up to get some information. My views have changed. We may not meet in person very often, and may be different folks in "real life"......but we all have many common goals and interests. These field days are a good way to meet-up and get to know one another better. It's great to put a face with a name. Lots of fun for me. A great group of knowledgeable folks.....and friends. :) Thanks to all!

Tom, you were a Great host and did far more for us than I ever did for groups at my place.

Thanks a bunch.

You can say that again Art. I didnt even get a beer at your place. :)

You can say that again Art. I didnt even get a beer at your place. :)
You were driving, so I drank the beer before you arrived. I do that for many of my friends.

Bring your own beer, and I would drink that too. All for a friend so he doesn't get a DWI.

Foggy, go buy this planter now. $400 715-688-9098 Emerald wisc.

Mar.PNG

Mo.....Is that JD 71 units? I'm gonna call.