Apple Tree Class - Pequot Lakes MN

foggy

5 year old buck +
Recently we discussed an Orchard near my land at Jenkins in North Central MN. Just saw an article in the local paper where the owner of the orchard is offering a class on growing apple trees. Thought some guys might be interested. This guy runs a pretty fair sized orchard....and its about 1 mile from my land.

It's being held at the local school: Eagle View School in PL (where QDMA does not have a presence).

More details:

Jon Stachour owner of Red Barn Orchard (Jenkins, MN - 3 miles from PL) will share information about planting, pruning, fertilizing and critter control.

Participants will prune trees at Red Barn Orchard or Eagle View (depending on weather). Dress to go outdoors and bring a pair of pruning shears, if possible. There will be time for questions and answers.

Class is $25 with a minimum of 5 students. Pre-registration is required. Contact PL Community Ed at 218-568-9200 to register.

Recently we discussed an Orchard near my land at Jenkins in North Central MN. Just saw an article in the local paper where the owner of the orchard is offering a class on growing apple trees. Thought some guys might be interested. This guy runs a pretty fair sized orchard....and its about 1 mile from my land.

It's being held at the local school: Eagle View School in PL (where QDMA does not have a presence).

More details:

Jon Stachour owner of Red Barn Orchard (Jenkins, MN - 3 miles from PL) will share information about planting, pruning, fertilizing and critter control.

Participants will prune trees at Red Barn Orchard or Eagle View (depending on weather). Dress to go outdoors and bring a pair of pruning shears, if possible. There will be time for questions and answers.

Class is $25 with a minimum of 5 students. Pre-registration is required. Contact PL Community Ed at 218-568-9200 to register.
You SURE this isn't in conjunction with the local QDMA chapter in Pequot Lakes?:D

You SURE this isn't in conjunction with the local QDMA chapter in Pequot Lakes?:D

YEP, I"M SURE. You see, QDMA has NEVER had an active branch in Pequot Lakes.....despite them saying they have a branch here for over SEVEN YEARS (?) now. Never has been active, and yet they keep a dot on their branch map.....stating they have a presence here....when they do NOT. Now....If you belabor this point on their forum....they will BAN YOU FOR LIFE for stating that they are disingenuous in this position (some would say this is akin to lying). Those bozo's wouldn't know the first thing about growing apples in north central MN.....just as they know NOTHING about the deer populations in Minneosta either.....despite getting the ear of MY DNR. Despicable. low-life, organization.....if you ask me.

OK, rant over. :D

That sounds like a good way to quickly learn from an apple expert.

I also think the guy's very smart since he was able to come up with a way to get paid while people trim his trees.

Most of the orchards in my area appear to have dwarf trees, so I wonder if the pruning/training plan for a standard sized apple tree would be different than a dwarf? Probably no major differences, but perhaps the height of the first branches would be different in a wildlife orchard versus a commercial orchard.

YEP, I"M SURE. You see, QDMA has NEVER had an active branch in Pequot Lakes.....despite them saying they have a branch here for over SEVEN YEARS (?) now. Never has been active, and yet they keep a dot on their branch map.....stating they have a presence here....when they do NOT. Now....If you belabor this point on their forum....they will BAN YOU FOR LIFE for stating that they are disingenuous in this position (some would say this is akin to lying). Those bozo's wouldn't know the first thing about growing apples in north central MN.....just as they know NOTHING about the deer populations in Minneosta either.....despite getting the ear of MY DNR. Despicable. low-life, organization.....if you ask me.

OK, rant over. :D
I think you got that rant saved someplace!

Just think if their competition hired a few people to butcher his trees... "Oops, did I cut too much?"

Just think if their competition hired a few people to butcher his trees... "Oops, did I cut too much?"
Somebody shows up with a chainsaw! They take off and all he is left with is stumps!:eek: