Lake MI

scott44

5 year old buck +
We went out this morning on Lake MI fishing and only lasted till 8:30 because a storm was brewing and the waves went from 2-3' to 5-6' in about a half hour. We knew this storm was coming but we tried it anyways for awhile. Landed 6 lake trout so it wasn't too bad.

0 dark thirty at the dock.

After we are back in the pier.

Last edited:
Nice sunrise pics, and fish!

I was up there this weekend as well. I was in Petoskey and Harbor springs visiting some high school and college friends. Where did you go from?

I was up there this weekend as well. I was in Petoskey and Harbor springs visiting some high school and college friends. Where did you go from?
We went out of Onekama, little ways south of you.

Any word on how the salmon season will be. I'll be on the Pierre Marquette in about a month or so.

Any word on how the salmon season will be. I'll be on the Pierre Marquette in about a month or so.

The kings are starting to show up. Actually my son and a buddy of his are over there now and they've done ok on the kings this week, not killing it but ok. I'll let you know what I hear.

Kewaunee, WI on a 2 hr solo run wednesday morning. Surface temps are low 70s so you have to get a coulle miles offshore and start fishing 50 feet and lower in the column. We had a nice year here with crazy rainbows and oddly alot of cohos all of may and alot of june. 20160810_074333.jpg 20160810_083441.jpg

Congrats!

No congrats needed. I get out there 25 times a year and that was just another wednesday morning. I am lucky in that way and I know it.