Kura in a mix?

Mike

A good 3 year old buck
I have never messed around with Kura Clover. I hear it is slow to establish and that makes me wonder if it would be a poor choice in a mix with other legumes like Kopu II and Falcata alfalfa? Any ideas here fellas.

I have never messed around with Kura Clover. I hear it is slow to establish and that makes me wonder if it would be a poor choice in a mix with other legumes like Kopu II and Falcata alfalfa? Any ideas here fellas.
I have never tried any but have always wanted to. I've always had good luck with my other clovers, maybe someday I will.

Like Scott I've never tried. They say it's long lived once established. If you try keep us posted.

How good is your dirt?

My dirt is sub par and I have had great success with the many other white clover cultivars so I hate to waste time with it.

I've tried some of the low-germ kura that Welters sells.
I believe it failed, but I probably didn't keep competition in check like I needed to.

Kura is hard to get established. Most guys get pissed at the seed cost, and the fact the weeds just take over the plot before the Kura ever thinks of growing.

I would plant Jumbo Ladino before Kura.....

i planted approximately 3 acres as part of a mix. the kura is roughly 20 percent. i placed it around a 27 acre CRP field as a fire break and down a gas pipe-line easement. although it is hard to decipher which clover is which, in this, the second year, it is beginning to establish and is filling in those spots where the initial planting did not take. it will spread and has a 100 year life (supposedly). give me 97 more years and i will let you know. it is expensive, but if part of a mix, based upon its ability to spread and long life, well worth the money.

Kura is hard to get established. Most guys get pissed at the seed cost, and the fact the weeds just take over the plot before the Kura ever thinks of growing.

I would plant Jumbo Ladino before Kura.....

This is good advise. I have tried it twice. First time, I was frustrated. The second time I did it the right way, but it was not worth the time and effort. My deer didn't prefer it and long term it did not do better for me than clover plots that I allowed to go to seed from time to time and maintained through mowing and spraying.

I certainly would not throw some in a mix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk