Its simply time to jump in

Alumimun screen, same size that you would have on a house window. I cant say that I have ever seen it in more than one size.

You probably meant how tall? My mistake. :oops: Taller than the normal snow pack that you would get by at least a few inches, especially if you have rabbits around and arent excluding rabbits some other way.

Snow pack? What's snow pack? We had about 5 inches of snow fall Sunday and the kids have been off school all week.

I took a little trip over lunch today:

That's enough cages for 40 trees. I also have a 300-ft roll of Lumite coming from Big Rock Trees. That's enough for 50 trees. I have 10 trees coming this Spring. I wonder if I will be planting more trees over the next couple years? ;)

TMIL-
We warned you not to start!

Most of my smaller foodplots are now apple trees.

You're so right Bur !! When I first started reading the stuff you guys were doing at the old site a couple years ago, I got the bug to plant apples & crabs at my camp for the game. Now - after planting about 40 apples & crabs there, I'm thinking of planting an orchard for small roadside sales and something ( else ) to tinker with when fully retired !! It really DOES get under your skin.

I am planting more crabs and a few bigger apples near the edge of my yard. It is good ground with a south slope, but a bit wet after heavy rains. and not all that far from the tag alders, spruce, and water holes.

Plus it won't be too far from the house for an old man to pick some crab apples for apple sauce and maybe some cider to keep him warm and regular during the winter.