Its hot...

5 year old buck +
After work I started to go out to install the new ladder on the tower stand...5 minutes and I was feeling woozy. I've lived near Death Valley, in Texas and the Amazon Basin in Peru and never felt anything likes this!
IMG_3275.jpeg

HOLY CRAP...

HOLY CRAP!

HOLY CRAP!!!

I just walked outside (9:25 pm) and it was like going into a furnace. The "feels like" is down to 127 despite the fact the sun has been down an hour. Ended up spending the evening making the remains of last year's venison into this year's jerky while my wife spend the evening canning.

Manhattan, KS had the high for the United States yesterday or the day before.... I can't recall my brain is a little woozy as well. LOL I called it quits at 10:30 this morning on outside work and spent the rest of day on stuff inside the house and ran a couple errands in the a airconditioned pickup. My wife looked at me at 10:15 and said we are DONE... usually I argue and keep on keeping on, but today I did not. It was absolutely miserable.

South of Manhattan a little bit. It's hot enough that I'm only letting my CC kids do warm-ups and stretching outside. Otherwise we're running hallways and gyms.Screenshot_20230821_215015_Gallery.jpg

I worked for an aluminum company that would melt huge vats of alloy aluminum in a gas furnace to cast extrusion logs. I suppose the summer temps would get into he 90's or so. When they would open the doors on those melting furnaces in the summer......I thought I would catch fire. The temps at the furnace doors had to be over 150f......because the molten aluminum was 1300f or more. The workers did have protective clothing......but that was one hot job. The cast logs were about 1000 degrees when handled too...and then put into another homogenizing oven. Good grief. Not sure how those guys could do that work....day after day....tho they did come back to an A/C office to wait for the next chore. Glad I was in sales.

Manhattan, KS had the high for the United States yesterday or the day before.... I can't recall my brain is a little woozy as well. LOL I called it quits at 10:30 this morning on outside work and spent the rest of day on stuff inside the house and ran a couple errands in the a airconditioned pickup. My wife looked at me at 10:15 and said we are DONE... usually I argue and keep on keeping on, but today I did not. It was absolutely miserable.

It hit 115. I’m about 20 miles from there. Yesterday the temp wasn’t quite as high, but the humidity was insane. The index had to be higher than the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect time to plant food plots and go dove hunting!

I'm a roofing/siding contractor. We had some bigly hail come streaking through parts of MN on 8/11. I was out meeting with adjusters today. Good thing the hail did so damn much damage. We dont even have to argue, we just count stuff and try to get back on the ground. Felt like 120+ on a few roofs I looked at today. Adjuster showed me some hail photos from out by Buffalo Lake. The hail broke metal roofing. Tears in the metal. Unreal.

Last edited:
Saw Rice County MN posted something about a heat index of 125° today. That's the highest I believe I've seen in my time in the upper Midwest.

^^^ You suck!
Screenshot_20230819_154235_Weather.jpg

Yuck! I will try not to complain as much this winter when it is -40

I just might rub it in a little when it's not colder than 25 for most of the winter! -40 sounds horrible!

It is about the same as your summers. You just avoid long periods outdoors. Except you dress warm.
When it gets that cold, and you dress warm, you have less then 30 minutes and you need to come into warm up. Fingers, toes and face get cold first.

But we dont have poisonous snakes, spiders, and all the other icky creatures, because they freeze to death.

We are scheduled to have our first volleyball game of the year tomorrow. The school is not air conditioned and the state will not let us play if the indoor temp is 87 or over. Not looking good.