It’s been awhile

Jordan Selsor

5 year old buck +
Hello everyone
I been MIA for awhile. Life’s been busy to say the least! Sold a farm an bought another farm since I been on here last. Just been grinding. Allot of work an some play. I could write a mile long explanation on all I been up to! Took the entire family elk hunting last month. That was one heck of an adventure. 6 kids camping in a cargo trailer had its challenges! Haha
Had some great action but did not seal the deal on an elk. This was over the counter in CO. Tough hunting. I met some guys out there that hunted this mountain range for 50+ years. After I helped them pack an elk out they took me under their wing an taught me a ton about elk hunting an this particular mountain range. The trip was a blessing in so many ways…
Anyhow
I just wanted to say hey an that I enjoyed popping in to see what you all been up to! Hope all is well

E5B3CBD1-6BB4-43E3-8D0C-9F476D2EC244.jpeg669B1553-61C9-4884-8578-B09169FF8D11.jpeg863FAE9F-7180-484F-8B72-35AF147FF613.jpeg
159DE044-EEB8-46CF-BB9D-84B20318E4B6.jpeg

Last edited:
A while is an understatement. ;).

Glad you’re having fun. Next time you want to hunt elk in Colorado reach out. I’ll dig up some old maps and put you in a spot.
Sorry my spot is a 3 hour walk in then an hour uphill from 6 kids and the truck. And they won’t make it. And when you kill your elk there and have to pack it out, you’ll go back to MO and be happy killing deer in reach of the 4 wheeler.

Where in Colorado were you?

Good to hear from you! I’m in camp yesterday. Got rained out today.

Hello everyone
I been MIA for awhile. Life’s been busy to say the least! Sold a farm an bought another farm since I been on here last. Just been grinding. Allot of work an some play. I could write a mile long explanation on all I been up to! Took the entire family elk hunting last month. That was one heck of an adventure. 6 kids camping in a cargo trailer had its challenges! Haha
Had some great action but did not seal the deal on an elk. This was over the counter in CO. Tough hunting. I met some guys out there that hunted this mountain range for 50+ years. After I helped them pack an elk out they took me under their wing an taught me a ton about elk hunting an this particular mountain range. The trip was a blessing in so many ways…
Anyhow
I just wanted to say hey an that I enjoyed popping in to see what you all been up to! Hope all is well

View attachment 38111View attachment 38110View attachment 38109
View attachment 38112
Jordan, so great to hear from you and wow how your first born little ones aren’t so little anymore. Such a great looking family and you guys need your own television show! I can see why you have been so busy, but check in with us whenever you can.

A while is an understatement. ;).

Glad you’re having fun. Next time you want to hunt elk in Colorado reach out. I’ll dig up some old maps and put you in a spot.
Sorry my spot is a 3 hour walk in then an hour uphill from 6 kids and the truck. And they won’t make it. And when you kill your elk there and have to pack it out, you’ll go back to MO and be happy killing deer in reach of the 4 wheeler.

Where in Colorado were you?

Good to hear from you! I’m in camp yesterday. Got rained out today.
Sounds great Bill! We did some serious hiking on this trip similar to what you described. This was unit 65. Closest towns are ridgeway an telluride. Their was lots of elk the first 3 days. Then hunters pushed them all into private. Had a bear within bow range twice. Next time I will buck up for a bear tag I guess!
I’m taking my 3 oldest boys youth hunting this weekend. Should be interesting. Have my dad an brother helping as guides. Kinda cool the new farm is where I shot my first buck:)

Nice pics, sounds like fun. So you sold your new farm with the big pond in it?

Great pics Jordan. Stunningly beautiful mountains out there!

Nice pics, sounds like fun. So you sold your new farm with the big pond in it?
Both my farm an home property had ponds.
Didn’t sell the house ground.

I Named my price to a local business owner an he didn’t balk. Did very well on it between the timber and the sale.

I ended up buying my aunt out of a farm owned jointly with my father (uncle passed away) this is Where it all started.

Great to hear from you Jordan. I know you sold your place west of St Louis and bought a place In the St. Gen area a couple years ago. Did you still have the St. Gen area place? My old neighbor Dave recently sent me a picture of another big bear they have on your old place near Sullivan.

Great to hear from you Jordan. I know you sold your place west of St Louis and bought a place In the St. Gen area a couple years ago. Did you still have the St. Gen area place? My old neighbor Dave recently sent me a picture of another big bear they have on your old place near Sullivan.
Logged an sold the St Gen farm too. It turned out to be a very lucrative investment.
My father owns 242 acres not far from my farm that Dave’s buddy Andy bought. About 1 mile as the crow flies. Dad owns it with a few of my uncles. That’s the new farm I just bought in to. Had an uncle pass away and my aunt was happy to sell me their shares. I’m still in the market if the right farm turns up. But glad I have a nice accommodating place in the mean time.

Very cool! Neat trip.

You aren't too farm from me either.