I think I am sick.

Diesel5610

5 year old buck +
Not Coronavirus, fruit tree sickness. I have been planting several years and have a good number of apple trees of various ages around our properties. I had decided I am pretty much set on trees and would not be ordering any more, I would graft a couple for the fun of it. I have really wanted a Kerr tree or two and decided I may buy one or two of those but my days of buying tons of trees are over. Well I have started getting notifications of tree orders I forgot I ordered and suddenly realized I have 25 trees coming :emoji_flushed:. 10 Kerr and several other crabs from Blue Hill, Cummins and SLN. I guess it is time to admit I have a problem.

Not Coronavirus, fruit tree sickness. I have been planting several years and have a good number of apple trees of various ages around our properties. I had decided I am pretty much set on trees and would not be ordering any more, I would graft a couple for the fun of it. I have really wanted a Kerr tree or two and decided I may buy one or two of those but my days of buying tons of trees are over. Well I have started getting notifications of tree orders I forgot I ordered and suddenly realized I have 25 trees coming :emoji_flushed:. 10 Kerr and several other crabs from Blue Hill, Cummins and SLN. I guess it is time to admit I have a problem.

Treatment begins by following these threads and the leadership of all of those who post.

Some of us are very experienced with this disease and can help you.

We will forward our addresses so you know where to send the trees you order in the future.

I was cutting back, also.

So I now have 17 new varieties of apples to graft, 5 pears, and one plum. I only ordered one tree for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't order any trees this year but decided to try my hand in grafting 15 bradford pears. I'm sick!

HA!!

Last year I finished covering pretty much all the plantable open areas on my lil 30 acres except my 4 wheeler trails, yet the voice in my head made me buy 125 trees from the DEC in January :( I currently have no room to plant 125 trees so I called my logger friend and he is coming this Saturday to look at taking out everything that is "woods" now. He asked over the phone what I would like to see gone, I said "everything that doesn't produce a nut, a fruit or a berry which is pretty much everything." That should give me a fresh 8-10 acres to plant!

Problem solved... for now :) yes it's an addiction but at least it is a worthy one.

Yeah,well.....

I can stop (buying trees) anytime i want to........

bill

Diesel you have company

If you find a cure, please post. Our pasture is starting to look like some sort of weird porcupine.

Ha Ha Ha ! Boy that sounds like same symptoms !

I got my fix from Cummins this week. Not addicted… not addicted… not addicted. At least not as addicted as Diesel or Mozark!

25 trees in the ground with weed mat, stone and a tree cage. I am feeling better, just need to find some spots for this years grafts. :emoji_wink:

fe639e98abebd7b48c11c75b1948c193.jpg

This is only about a quarter of it.

fe639e98abebd7b48c11c75b1948c193.jpg

This is only about a quarter of it.

Yours too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Osmocote Plus and a Z Pak seem prudent.......

bill