How does a person find a loading dock to use?

Normally people know when their load is supposed to show up in days, not 3 month windows. :p

Might want to contract it? Or maybe take a weekend and go fetch it yourself? I did 430 miles for a little over $2/loaded mile with a U-Haul and a skidsteer trailer. If your tractor is lighter than mine, you might be able to do better yet.

Or simply buy a trailer that can accommodate the tractor and pick up yourself. Other option is to ship to a servicing dealer. Work out a deal with that dealer to inspect, change filters & oil when it arrives.

I don't think it's quite as easy as him just hopping in the truck and driving to get it. Jumping on a plane and then renting a tow vehicle and trailer to drive it back when he gets there might be an option. I think I read somewhere that this tractor is a very, very long ways away.;) It isn't a matter of hopping in the truck and taking a weekend drive, unless your weekends are 4 to 5 days.

430 miles, cakewalk. I think BJE's trip out and back would be more in line with 4,030 miles.
Wow price must be a steal!

Normally people know when their load is supposed to show up in days, not 3 month windows. :p

Might want to contract it? Or maybe take a weekend and go fetch it yourself? I did 430 miles for a little over $2/loaded mile with a U-Haul and a skidsteer trailer. If your tractor is lighter than mine, you might be able to do better yet.

I could do all those things but when its free and I don't NEED it at this moment you might as well take it. We figure contracting would be over $2000 for a partial load. No need to rush and waste money. Just need a way to get it unloaded and it will work out fine.

If you don't need it, and you can wait, then I'd be holding out on the free postage too.

Good luck getting it home safe!

This is special deal. It dropped into my lap. The stars aligned. I'll probably never be this luck again in my life.

I was asking about it here.
http://www.habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/ford-1910-tractor.2439/
Now I see the whole story. Forget about a loading dock and just have it delivered to you place and rent a crane. You should be able to afford it with that deal. LOL