How does a person find a loading dock to use?

B

BJE80

It is very possible I will need to find a way to unload my tractor off the semi flat bed and it won't have ramps. I need to find a loading dock to use to get it off there. Any suggestions or leads? Could be anywhere SE or Central Wisconsin and maybe farther away if can't find anything.

Build a small mound, back the trailer up to it, drive/roll the tractor onto the mound and then down to flat ground. Common for loading/unloading ATV's, don't see why on a slightly bigger scale it wouldn't work for a tractor.

Build a small mound, back the trailer up to it, drive/roll the tractor onto the mound and then down to flat ground. Common for loading/unloading ATV's, don't see why on a slightly bigger scale it wouldn't work for a tractor.

Ehhhhhhh. That sounds like a good idea if it was getting delivered to my land which it is not. I'll try and swing that but I need a plan B

Has to be a small business with a ground level garage door and an elevated semi dock you can use once for $20.

See if you can get your hands on some railroad ties or 6X6 timbers. Just stack them in the shape you need - it's a little rough, but for a temporary fix it'll do the job! We have also done it with timbers and concrete blocks as well.

No warehouses nearby? I would think a nominal fee could get you a half hours worth of access.

No warehouses nearby? I would think a nominal fee could get you a half hours worth of access.

Yeah sure there are. Is that a common practice to go up and knock on the door and ask? I have no idea. I'm a warehouse virgin.

I wonder if I looked around if there was a place with a slope of ground already there that I could back up the trailer to and then just drive off unto the slope.

Just go through the industrial park where they unload trucks and do some door knocking. Those small business owners drink beer. Offer a box for the unload.

I was going to say check with warehouses or freight companies. Some local lumber yards [not menards or home depot] have an outside dock with ramp. I am sure if you call a Trucking company they will be able to steer you to some one that can do it. Some farm Equipment places have them also.

Almost every tractor and implement dealer has a loading dock. Most trucking companies or railroad office too.

I'm with Brooks. It shouldn't be too hard to find a loading dock to use. Just look around a bit.

I wonder if I looked around if there was a place with a slope of ground already there that I could back up the trailer to and then just drive off unto the slope.
I've used roadside ditches to load/unload ATV's and riding mowers multiple times.

Are you wanting to drop it off in Antigo or West Bend?

Look in the Yellow Pages for any trucking terminals in the area. That is what I did and they charged me $30 unloading fee. Mine was a Yellow Freight terminal about 35 miles away.

I did as search for "trucking terminals in West Bend, WI" and got 11 hits.

Roadside ditches would work but not at this time of year. Most Wisconsin ditches are filled with snow now and I know that any smart truck driver is not going to back his trailer into ditch and risk getting stuck. Brad are you sure it is coming on flatbed, maybe they will ship on drop-deck which would make it easier to unload.

Roadside ditches would work but not at this time of year. Most Wisconsin ditches are filled with snow now and I know that any smart truck driver is not going to back his trailer into ditch and risk getting stuck. Brad are you sure it is coming on flatbed, maybe they will ship on drop-deck which would make it easier to unload.

I'm not sure what it is coming on. It's complicated. But I need to be ready for it.

Look in the Yellow Pages for any trucking terminals in the area. That is what I did and they charged me $30 unloading fee. Mine was a Yellow Freight terminal about 35 miles away.

I did as search for "trucking terminals in West Bend, WI" and got 11 hits.

Perfect. Thanks.

My first choice would be an implement company. Swiderski equipment has locations in Wausau, Mosinee, Antigo & others. If they may have a slight charge my daughter work for them and that's who I bought my tractor from. They are also a Ford dealer & I take it your getting that Ford from your buddy. Getting to know them may be helpful to you for future service. PM me for more details if you like or call 715 659-4626 or cell 715 615-1017. Mike

Last edited:
Are you wanting to drop it off in Antigo or West Bend?

Most likely West Bend Area. That would be easier. But, I could work with it in Antigo if the truck was coming near a weekend.