Help with zone 4b apples

Daydreamer

5 year old buck +
Hi there,
Anyone interested in throwing out some varieties of apples for zone 4b? Hennepin county, MN, zone 601
Help me get addicted like many on here are!
Background. Would like to start small. Maybe 5-6 apple trees.
This is my home ground, 11 acres. Running out of room to plant but want to get some apples going. Have a lot of white pine, red oak, white oak, aspen, maple and planted 25 Serviceberry and 25 plum last year. Most are less than 10 years old with the exception being the white pine. I also have +/-10 SWCD red splendor crabapples that are starting to fruit and I also planted 4 Dolgos from Burnt Ridge this spring and only 2 survived but one did bear fruit.
Would like a couple good tasting (to keep the wife entertained) and a couple for wildlife.

Received my SLN catalog and was overwhelmed quickly!

Thanks. Here's a shot of the svc berry and plums.
6de7a41e787fb51813471cf6399db8b7.jpg

And one of the Dolgo's that fruited.

d156bee9ba914003aab29cd3537b55cb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the apples listed above are good eaters - but so are the crabs Stu just mentioned above. ^^^^^ Whitney, Chestnut and Centennial are all supposed to be very tasty, and I can attest to the Centennial myself. It's excellent !! So for deer or you & your wife ....... They're all good !!! Good luck with your planting.

EDIT : I have all the crabs that Badgerfowl listed in post #2 except Golden Hornet planted at camp.

I don't have apples producing yet and dolgo gets a lot of love but I have become a Kerr fan. I like the larger apples and the tree should end up larger as well. The other one I would add is Goldrush. I planted them this year and they doubled the growth of any other tree. They are a late bloomer and a late hanger. If they survive my winters I will be adding a lot going forward.

Is gold rush iffy for zone 4? I think I've seen it listed for zone 4 or 5. We get cold for our zone so I try not to plant anything that is questionable.

Goldrush grows fine for me in 5b, but the 2 years I've had some apples, they weren't fully ripe by Mid November. My guess is they would never ripen in 4. As mentioned above, however, the deer will still probably like them. I will say, the only grafts I had fail this year were Goldrush. I am wondering if the cold winter (-25) damaged the buds on my scionwood. The scions looked great when I grafted them but had a very high failure rate whereas no other variety did. The mother trees look fine this summer so I am not sure. Also as you guys speculated, Goldrush is very susceptible to CAR on the leaves. Doesn't seem to affect the trees much, though.

Is gold rush iffy for zone 4? I think I've seen it listed for zone 4 or 5. We get cold for our zone so I try not to plant anything that is questionable.
I have seen them listed as low as zone 3. SLN offers them as a zone 3. Not sure why there is so much variance in the zone listing. I have a few -30 days every year so we will see.