Help with interpreting soil tests

Won’t hurt the soil. It’s just urea and water. You’re pouring pure N on pure carbon.

If you really want the stumps gone, bite the bullet on a 1-day large mini excavator rental. Probably $600 nowadays, but you can yank 16” stumps at a rate of maybe one every 5 minutes.

If you haven’t tried a day with a large mini, give it a whirl. They get a lot done for what it costs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What size is considered a large?

We had this on a weekend loan and it struggled with stumps, I thought. Big stumps -16" or greater would take 45 minutes of digging sometimes. Didn't even yank the little ones out with ease <12".20240629_100715.jpg

What size is considered a large?

We had this on a weekend loan and it struggled with stumps, I thought. Big stumps -16" or greater would take 45 minutes of digging sometimes. Didn't even yank the little ones out with ease <12".View attachment 68829
You're in the ballpark with that one. That's a 9500 lb machine. The one I used was a bobcat e50. That's a 10,500 lb machine. I'd consider large-mini anything that size, and up to the biggest they can still haul out with and pickup truck and flatbed (no-semis). When I say 16" stumps, I may have had easy ones. I was taking out ash stumps that were dead a year. Maybe they were shallow rooted, but they came out fast. I had to dance around them and bust lateral roots, but even that doesn't take long. Where it gets hard is when you've got all the laterals busted and it won't budge. Those suck.

I sent you a PM.

I don't doubt anything you said SD and I checked out the video you sent, looks like it moved a lot of material for you. Was just making the point that results may vary. A decent amount of rocks in the ground where we were digging as well which can complicate matters.

I don't doubt anything you said SD and I checked out the video you sent, looks like it moved a lot of material for you. Was just making the point that results may vary. A decent amount of rocks in the ground where we were digging as well which can complicate matters.
Oh, yeah, that can hamper things. I haven't found one wheel barrow of rocks on my property in 7 years of digging. Digging went really fast last year too because the subsoil was bone dry down about 8 feet.

The problem we have is natural forage. The foresters are so damn far behind on logging, most of the public lands are canopied parks with no cover or browse. They're going like hell now to catch up, but it's going to take years, and in that time, most of the pulp trees are going to be laying on the ground. And that is our main product.

SD curious what your OM is you have no rocks and you have sand based on your description above.

SD curious what your OM is you have no rocks and you have sand based on your description above.

Back when I tested, it came up first around 4%. I haven’t run a soil test in 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk