Heater Body Suit

Agree with all comments so far and would add the following: If you buy one, get a taller one than you think you need. They send packing straps with them, don't throw them away and think you don't need those. You need them and they are the best way to pack it in. I always have a backpack so it with the suit are a lot to carry in. They do work, but you can still get cold in them. I am from the southern Midwest and hate cold weather. I have worn mine in Iowa with high winds, single digit temps while wearing long underwear, quilted shirt, bib overalls and a jacket as a base layer under my Heater Body suit. I was not hot :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wear mine in Canada in 14 degree and high winds. I take my boots off and get right into it. I sit daylight until dark 11 hour sits and swear by it. I do warn you that it will make you sleepy when you're in it. It is a great investment, the sucky part is when you want to look in your binoculars you need to open it and it gets chilly. However once you zip it back up it gets warm again. You won't regret the purchase, I bought the display model one.

Wondering if anyone has owned one and what your thought were on them. Would mainly use for bow hunting. Enclosed stands are nice but sometimes its nice to get into there bedroom. For 400 dollars better keep you warm.

I have never had a deer bowhunting that would allow the king of movement these suits require to get in shooting position ...

If it is that cold late season, they do not move until the end of the day. I have bow hunted until end of season (Jan 4-10th our area) in temps down to 0-5 deg F. Have never even considered the body suit ...

For $400 you can buy quality cold weather clothes. merino wool, and a whole lot of Thermax back heating pads ... ;)

Agree with all comments so far and would add the following: If you buy one, get a taller one than you think you need. They send packing straps with them, don't throw them away and think you don't need those. You need them and they are the best way to pack it in. I always have a backpack so it with the suit are a lot to carry in. They do work, but you can still get cold in them. I am from the southern Midwest and hate cold weather. I have worn mine in Iowa with high winds, single digit temps while wearing long underwear, quilted shirt, bib overalls and a jacket as a base layer under my Heater Body suit. I was not hot :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yep I'm only 5'7" but had outfitter swap out for longer one

Just broke down and bought one. Hopefully this will replace my Cabelas white tail extreme clothing. (not very happy with it)

Do you guys use the booties in the bag or not? Seems like a pain to put booties on then get into the bag.

I don't use the booties. I just put my feet in.

Booties actually help with sliding your feet in the bag as the soles of your boots will tend to grab the liner material. That being said my HBS did not come with them and I haven't missed them. I will often times take off my boots when climbing in the bag so it's a mute point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys use the booties in the bag or not? Seems like a pain to put booties on then get into the bag.
Yes booties then bag; toasty warm!!

I use the booties to keep my feet warm, and keep the suit clean. I also wear slip on shoes into the woods and take my feet out of them, and wear nothing other than wool socks in the HBS. I feel like I am home cuddled up on the couch, I sit all day like this in cold Canadian weather. I just took my suit out today for NH muzzloader next weekend. I will hike in with the back pack straps and sit all day.

They reinforced the foot area and got rid of the booties a couple years ago.

Full disclosure, I am a paid pro staffer for them. That said, I honestly do love the product and I went after them, not the other way around.

I have never used any of these products, but decide to give it a try. Did some research on Heater Body suit and the IWOM body suit, decided to order the IWOM just for the fact you can put it on while on the ground then climb into your stand. It arrived yesterday, after putting it on a few times in the garage last night I think its going to work just fine. If it ever gets out of the upper 70's here in IL I'll let you all know how if it keeps me warm. The IWOM XT is their deluxe model, I ordered the EL(working's man model as they call it), also picked the option for a field test/ demoed model for a $100 discount and ended up getting it for $200 plus shipping!

I bought a heater body suit last year and never had a chance to use it, this afternoon it started snowing here in MI this afternoon so I decided to sit in a pop up blind tonight and take the suit out and give it a shot tonight. It was around 30 deg and we had a 10 mph wind so it was mid to high 20's and the suit worked great for the ground blind, still waiting to try it in a tree/ladder stand. Impressed with it for warmth.

I bought a heater body suit last year and never had a chance to use it, this afternoon it started snowing here in MI this afternoon so I decided to sit in a pop up blind tonight and take the suit out and give it a shot tonight. It was around 30 deg and we had a 10 mph wind so it was mid to high 20's and the suit worked great for the ground blind, still waiting to try it in a tree/ladder stand. Impressed with it for warmth.
Putting it on in the stand takes practice, but I love my suit. I hike in to spots in the big woods and back pack my suit in and hop into it. I wear it in the guide gear tree stand with shooting rail.