Heater Body Suit

Bigshooter19

5 year old buck +
Wondering if anyone has owned one and what your thought were on them. Would mainly use for bow hunting. Enclosed stands are nice but sometimes its nice to get into there bedroom. For 400 dollars better keep you warm.

Never been cold in mine. I'm a tight ass with money but that thing was worth it. Easy to hunt from too. Not difficult to get drawn and I think it even helps hide movement in barren late winter trees.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cat I guess I need you to show my how to fasten mine up

My $20 old sleeping bag up to the arm pits works for me.

I just can't do the $400 out of principle.

cat I guess I need you to show my how to fasten mine up
Sure thing. My arms slide out and hold the thing open, away from the bow and string.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have a buddy who bought one last year and he love it. Myself I can't see dropping that kind of money for one.

My archery only ND Outfitter puts mine
on me, after I get inside stand; after all he provides them for hunters to use. ⁉️
Temps were between 5 & 18 all seven days I hunted.

I had a hard time justifying the cost when I bought mine. I was cold in stand, gloves weren't good enough, base layer wasn't good enough, socks weren't good enough, etc... I had gone a decade without buying any new hunting cloths and I was cold. The only pair of hunting boots I own were purchased around 1988 (still the only boots I have, but they are awesome!). I figured I could splurge once and give it a try. I didn't buy any of that other stuff once I got the heat body suit. I walk in wearing pants, t-shirt, running shoes, and a pair of coveralls. The suit keeps me warm on stand. When you look at the price of base layers, insulated hunting coats/pants, good gloves, and all that other crap you can buy this thing saved me money.

If you watch they have a close out section you can get one at a little discount. Mine works great

One of the best hunting purchases I've made.

One of the best hunting purchases I've made.

X2.... They have a wind barrier on them, so those cold November-December winds don't cut right through you. Last year was my first year with one, and I was shocked how warm I stayed, and ya, I usually get cold easy..... I hated dropping that kind of money too, but it was the best money I have ever spent on hunting!

What about wearing one while hunting out of a portable? Is it safe to do that or are they to0 cumbersome?

I like to have a solid seat and footing. Since your feet are inside and you have no rubber on the bottom of your feet anymore it feels risky to not have a large platform.

If worried, mount your stand 2ft off the ground and give it a try. I use ladder stands most of the time. Don't put it on until I'm in stand.

We hunt out of hang-ons with the HBS. The first couple of times getting in and out is a bit tricky but like everything else it becomes easier the more you use it.

Don't discount hunting on the ground in one of these things. They hide you almost as well as a ground blind.

We hunt out of hang-ons with the HBS. The first couple of times getting in and out is a bit tricky but like everything else it becomes easier the more you use it.

same here, I hunt with hang on's for the most part... Just take your time putting them on.

I've been debating getting one .... How cold does it have to be to wear it?

I've got an IWOM suit and it's a excellent garment. Only got to wear it twice last year (mild). Extremely well thought out design in packability, ergonomics, etc. There's no doubt, it'll keep you in your stand longer and keep you comfortable.

I've been debating getting one .... How cold does it have to be to wear it?

It depends on how well you can take the cold already but I usually start looking to wear mine when temps are in the 30's, especially if you're planning an all day sit. I've even taken it along when temps are in the 40's but there's a pretty good wind. It's really nice cause you don't have to have so many layers on underneath. The coldest I've used it was our rifle opener in 2013 when temps were in the low single digits and wind gusts of 25-30 mph. That was cold.

Here's a pic of us walking past a camera last year. She is 5'6" and 120lbs and will usually take her HBS when temps get in the 50's. The camera says the temp is 56° but will be closer to upper 30's at end of legal shooting light. I swear she gets cold when the temps get into the upper 60's but she has done many all day sits including the 2013 opener because of the HBS. She does wear more layers under her's than most will but she'll also tell you the HBS is worth every penny.

IMG_0034.JPG

Best piece of hunting equipment I own! I start taking it on windy days in the 40's and it goes every hunt after that. I hate being cold! I have no issue getting in and out in my Lone Wolf Alpha which is the smallest stand I've hunted out of. I'd highly recommend one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk