Gun jam

easger

Yearling... With promise
Hi guys, I have a beretta A300 that constantly jams. I’m no expert, but have really tried to clean the gun well just doing what people on YouTube do. What should I do to fix this - take it to a pro? After I clean it, I typically get 15-20 shots before the ammo casing starts getting stuck after the shot or the bullet gets stuck while cycling.

You need to start firing a hotter load. Weak target loads jam up lots of semis.

I agree maybe try changing loads, ammo brands, and are you leaving the gun inside very WET with oil?
as that is NOT going to help you here if you are and could be your problem, wet oil collects debris and that leads to jamming, try doing a good tear down and resembling things with a dry lube(like Teflon )
and also, not saying its YOU< but it could be, try having someone else shoot the gun for you once you have it starting to not cycle
semi autos work off recoil and if your not holding the gun secured enough it can also cause jams, and its NOT that uncommon for a person shooting a bunch of rounds, to start to get recoil shy and limp hold the gun
IF after a good tear down cleaning, re assembly with dry lube, and using different HI brass rounds doesn't fix things, I would suggest contacting Beretta directly, if this is a newish gun, it might be under warranty for FREE repairs, minus shipping costs
or they can at least get you to the nearest authorized smith in your area!

Hi guys, I have a beretta A300 that constantly jams. I’m no expert, but have really tried to clean the gun well just doing what people on YouTube do. What should I do to fix this - take it to a pro? After I clean it, I typically get 15-20 shots before the ammo casing starts getting stuck after the shot or the bullet gets stuck while cycling.
Others have cured A300 jamming by cleaning and lightly stretching the magazine spring.

Seen plenty of A300 shoot target lloads no problems. What are you using for oil? Double check an assembly diagram, to make sure you don't have a part in wrong. Gas port holes should be reamed out. Sometimes you get hard crud in there. I was more of a 1187 guy, they need good orings to run good.

When shotguns are cycling finicky, try going for a ribbed shotgun hull rather than a smooth one.

You shooting fresh hulls, or reloads?

Also, try keeping the magazine tube somewhat full and see if it goes away. Is it the last or 2nd to last one in the tube?

I’ve never had a problem with any 1187s or Browning semi auto’s cycling. Just with routine cleaning however there was a Benelli Black Eagle that started acting up after about a year. Cleaned it as good as I could but it was a 1 shot gun. Took it to a gunsmith who took it entirely apart and did a complete clean and it worked for about 1 month. Tried everything but had to sell it in the end. 1 shot just wasn’t going to do it. Sold it to a guy said he could get it working but I never heard one way or another. I don’t really know what happened but like I said never had a problem with any other semi over the last 30 years. Just one fluke gun.

I’ve never had a problem with any 1187s or Browning semi auto’s cycling. Just with routine cleaning however there was a Benelli Black Eagle that started acting up after about a year. Cleaned it as good as I could but it was a 1 shot gun. Took it to a gunsmith who took it entirely apart and did a complete clean and it worked for about 1 month. Tried everything but had to sell it in the end. 1 shot just wasn’t going to do it. Sold it to a guy said he could get it working but I never heard one way or another. I don’t really know what happened but like I said never had a problem with any other semi over the last 30 years. Just one fluke gun.
I am kind of on the Gutsy side, which caution and sense too. I used to shoot competitive military rifle matches. I'd rebuild SKS rifles and go against M1A and AR-15's at a local match with a SKS's I would rework. I also build my own flintlocks for a local blackpowder league. I'd try a few good things, but if that gun only shot trap loads, I would probably open the gas piston port one drill size (letter drills).

MY favorite gun to shoot was a 20ga 870. I'd switch between a 28" hunting Citori and the 870. I'd forget to rack the pump and try for the 2nd bird, then work real hard to get the gun back for the 2nd bird. Trap singles started to get a bit boring........ 23's and 24's alot. Skeet you had to work for a good score.

What shotshells are you shooting? Some of the light target loads may not generate enough pressure to cycle the gun properly. If you are shooting reloads cases stretch. If a hull gets too long it might catch on the ejection port.