GP/LP 3P600 or 3P606NT user thread

This thread makes me not want to get a no-till drill even though they were on my long-term shopping list! I only want one if it would save me time and some seed cost, but it sure sounds like it takes a lot of tinkering to get them to work correctly.

On a somewhat related note, are the 3 point no-till corn and bean planters less fussy or are these kinds of continuous adjustments needed to get them working as well?
I am in my third year of NT. The first was with a rented unit from the state. The second was with my own drill, and had a real learning curve, but good results. This year was relatively easy and went off without a hitch. All of the popular brands of no-till/min-till (Genesis/PH Outdoors, Great Plains, Tar River, Firminator) have brand specific forums/facebook pages that offer lots of insights. Remember that most posts are to solve problems or overcome some limitation or issue, and not comment on successes or uneventful outings.

Hard pan is created from disking or plowing at same depth every year,very rarely will a a food plot tractor and small drill cause an issue unless driving when too wet.We NT ag fields and you don't have to change anything.Sometimes on a field that is getting tough you can plant a cover crop with radishes and turnips then s breaks up soil

I am in my third year of NT. The first was with a rented unit from the state. The second was with my own drill, and had a real learning curve, but good results. This year was relatively easy and went off without a hitch. All of the popular brands of no-till/min-till (Genesis/PH Outdoors, Great Plains, Tar River, Firminator) have brand specific forums/facebook pages that offer lots of insights. Remember that most posts are to solve problems or overcome some limitation or issue, and not comment on successes or uneventful outings.
100% agree. I think if you survey'd the drill owners.....almost none would go back to doing tillage and broadcast or planter as the preferred method of getting it done. No way for me......tho "no till" has opened my eyes to other methods too......like throw and mow. The "light-weight" min-till (conventional) drills are somewhat of a new method to get 'er done.

From my experience now......I'd buy another drill tomorrow.....and I'd buy a GP/LP 3P600 with small seed box and agitators.....and I'd add foam markers and a rear walk board/step too. For my soil it's about perfect. Many of us had zero experience with no till planting......It's been fun talking about these drills and learning how to operate them.