Got zapped

Peeps

5 year old buck +
Had a very close bolt of lightning hit by my cabin on Sunday. Unfortunately it sent a surge and fried my Tv, router, Fire stick, and my Dvr for my security cameras. The stuff was plugged into a surge protector but still fried. At least it didn’t burn my place down.

That stinks!

hopefully you weren’t there.

Lightning does strange things. Way too powerful sometimes for a surge protector. My house has been hit directly 3 times. It’s just in a bad spot. Never lost any electronics but, have lost a water pump, some receptacles and once blew some light fixtures off the wall. Nothing you can do except unplug everything if your there

That stinks!

hopefully you weren’t there.

My son and I were down in Iowa at a baseball tournament but my wife and daughter were there. It sure made them jump. They then heard a couple pops and saw a flash behind the tv. Crazy how it effected the different things. Tv has a red light in but can’t turn it on with the remote or manually. The router was completely dark but a day later had 1 blinking light. The camera system dvr showed its power was on but won’t transmit anything to the new tv or new router.