Got my Soybeans in Saturday. Update

Terrific_tom

5 year old buck +
Got my soybeans in Saturday. Ground had plenty of moisture. Also with the snow gone early this spring there were plenty of weed growth. Disced it all in and will spray in 3 weeks. Also added a couple of water holes. Probably won't get much use this year as all the low areas on land are filled with water due to all the rain we have had. Got about 1.75 inches of rain Saturday night into Sunday morning. Along with the rain came the heat and humidity, the beans should be popping out of the ground.

Nice work TT!

Great work!

Did you broadcast the beans?

Tom, that is great looking habitat (and the beans, too)
In the very first picture on this thread, is that a clearcut on the back right or a tag alder swamp?

Tom, that is great looking habitat (and the beans, too)
In the very first picture on this thread, is that a clearcut on the back right or a tag alder swamp?

It is a tag alder swamp that is about 100 yards wide that runs about 300 yards into neighbor's property. The tag alder swamp runs parallel to a gravel road. Some of the biggest bucks I have had on camera bed in this strip. It is next to impossible to hunt this without getting busted.

what rate did you brodcast the beans at?

those look great. How many acres of the beans do you have planted?

Good looking beans.

2 plots each plot is 1 1/2 acres.

You will have to keep me updated. I have wondered if I could get by with 1.5-2 acres of beans (one plot)

You will have to keep me updated. I have wondered if I could get by with 1.5-2 acres of beans (one plot)

With the deer numbers we have that should be plenty. Last year I had a 1/2 acre plot that made it. My problem is come October I have every turkey in the area hitting the dried beans. Some years while bow hunting I have counted 130 turkeys feeding on the beans and I couldn't get a fall tag.:mad:

With the deer numbers we have that should be plenty. Last year I had a 1/2 acre plot that made it. My problem is come October I have every turkey in the area hitting the dried beans. Some years while bow hunting I have counted 130 turkeys feeding on the beans and I couldn't get a fall tag.:mad:

Tag or not, there would be 129 if they came by me!;)

Tag or not, there would be 129 if they came by me!;)
Five,6, 7, or 8 turkey tags makes far more sense than the equivalent number of doe tags to me.