My 11 year old Hog Killing

roymunson

5 year old buck +
Got invited to Eufala, AL for a hog hunt with a guy who whitetail hunts next to us in Ohio. So Thursday I picked up my 6th grader at school and we took off.

850 miles one way.

Hunted Friday evening in a borderline hurricane and didn't see much.

Saturday Morning was dead too. But I had a feeling Saturday night would work.

Sure enough, about 1/2 hour before dark a big old boar came in and my 11 year old put the 243 to work.

We drove home Sunday and I'm tired, but it was a great time to spend some one on one time with my son in the pickup and a 275 pound hog to go with it. Euro mount to come.AT THE BLINE1.jpgHOG 3.jpgHOG1.jpgLAYING BESIDE HOG.jpgTUSK 1.jpgTUSK 2.jpgunnamed.jpg

AWESOME!
Congrats to your son, nice boar he has some serious cutters on him should make a sweet Euro.
Great father son trip, he will cherish that memory for life.

Glad you got to visit God’s country!

thanks fellas... also, those Pulsar thermals I rented are the REAL DEAL!

That's fun

I see he like the rainbow mode. Aka predator vision. Ha

Your son "did you miss?" 😄

I see he like the rainbow mode. Aka predator vision. Ha
I rented scopes from the gun shop. But I set it up on his gun. The video is my scope filming. His didn't record for some reason.

But that 95 grain Hornady SST severed the spine. When I cut the head off for a euro of it, I didn't have to saw any bone. He tore that guy up.

I rented scopes from the gun shop. But I set it up on his gun. The video is my scope filming. His didn't record for some reason.

But that 95 grain Hornady SST severed the spine. When I cut the head off for a euro of it, I didn't have to saw any bone. He tore that guy up.
Night thermal hunting is quickly becoming one of my fave hunting. Pulsar scopes make it more enjoyable. They are expensive but man is it fun!

Happy for your boy. If you had told me I would have let you stop by my place and just take my setup with you, saved you a little coin.

And my son is almost 10. He uses 223 77grain sierra tmk. It’s hog medicine. I like the neck shot too. It takes out base of brain, spine, big vessels. They drop.