Good clover for sandy soils?

seadonist

5 year old buck +
I know this has been addressed previously but I did a thread search and it yielded no results so I apologize for bringing it up again, but I am considering buying all my seeds separately instead of pre mixed. I want to plant WW, WR, Oates and some type of clover in sandy, south Mississippi soil. Does anyone have any good experiences with certain clovers in sandy, well drained soil that gets good sunlight? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yuchi arrowleaf is a good choice

Use Crimson n' Camo's methods and don't till sandy soil.

100% no till this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up here in the north medium red clover does very well in the sand.

Dixie Crimson is also a good choice....it'll be the first thing to jump up in the spring and give the deer something new to eat. Yuchi comes on a little later but persists pretty much through June. I'm gonna have to give the medium red a try if I can get it locally.

Crimson clover and apache arrowleaf do well in my east texas sand

bill

Up here in the north medium red clover does very well in the sand.

I've also had great luck with Ladino in my northern sandy soil. Also chicory has done well for me mixed in the clover.

I've also had great luck with Ladino in my northern sandy soil. Also chicory has done well for me mixed in the clover.
I want to try Ladino and/or chicory this year. Hopefully my co-op has at least one of them.

Ladino is my go to clover. The deer love it and my honey bees can't get enough of it.