Getting some tractor time the next 2 day's.

tooln

5 year old buck +
I've got 40+ yards of material to move onto my trails. I just got tired of dealing with the mud. Picking up the rental tonight. Will be busy the next 2 days.

[URL=http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/tooln/media/20140805_144558.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/tooln/media/20140805_144536.jpg.html][/URL]

Here's a before pic of a bad section of trail.

[URL=http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/tooln/media/20140805_140139.jpg.html][/URL]

Good luck. Man, I can't wait to do something like that. My trails look much worse and much wetter.

Do you need chain link or cordouroy or terra mat or anything under the rock or will it work by itself?

Do you need chain link or cordouroy or terra mat or anything under the rock or will it work by itself?
In the real bad spots I have some gravel/dirt the township dug out of the ditch's, it works fairly well. Otherwise what I have works good by itself.

How thick do you need to put it down. Yard will cover 8 feet wide by?

Looks great tooln!

I concur! Looks awesome! What does something like that run a guy for a 2 day rental? Do you feel your subsoil is good enough to not swallow up yard after yard of that gravel? We had a spot in one of our roads that was unfillable. We tried load after load of gravel and finally got to putting chunks of broken sidewalk and smaller chunks of concrete block under the gravel and it still never filled in.

8 hours on the meter = 1 day @ $150 per day it's around $18 an hour over 8 hours. The sub soil is good I just needed to raise the trail in most spots. Someday I'll own and not have to rent, but for now renting will have to do. I got the back blade from my BIL, renting one would be 40 per day.

Looks good. I'm pretty sure I could not get away with that.

Nice work!

Heck of a nice rental, i'd pay you $20 just so I could come over and move some rock for an hour or two.

Heck of a nice rental, i'd pay you $20 just so I could come over and move some rock for an hour or two.
I got an extra shovel and wheel barrow. Come on over. Oh you meant on the tractor. I had 10.5 hours of seat time. Neck and back are sore from backin out.

Looking good Tooln! What business did you rent the tractor from? I am near BRF and would like to rent a tractor next year to drill holes for planting apple trees. Thanks!

Wood Sales and Service in BRF rents out a tractor and assorted food plotting equipment.

Looking good Tooln! What business did you rent the tractor from? I am near BRF and would like to rent a tractor next year to drill holes for planting apple trees. Thanks!
It came from Power Pac in Marshfield. $150 a day. Travel time will kill you. There has to be others closer to BRF.

It came from Power Pac in Marshfield. $150 a day. Travel time will kill you. There has to be others closer to BRF.

Thanks for the info Tooln! - Yep, Marshfield would be a drive. I'll checkout Woods in BRF to see what they have available. Thanks for the reply!

I concur! Looks awesome! What does something like that run a guy for a 2 day rental? Do you feel your subsoil is good enough to not swallow up yard after yard of that gravel? We had a spot in one of our roads that was unfillable. We tried load after load of gravel and finally got to putting chunks of broken sidewalk and smaller chunks of concrete block under the gravel and it still never filled in.
I saw a years ago on "Get in the game" hunting show they had a spot that just swallowed up all the fill that they put in the road . They put down a roll of fabric it was wider than the road then put their fill on top with the larger foot print they said it would no longer sink the way it did in the past.