All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FYI ... NWC Availability

Tree Spud

5 year old buck +
I coordinated shipping of my order yesterday with Terry at NWC. He commented that due to the covid virus, he has had some order cancellations and has stock available. He said check their website and call them if anyone looking for trees yet this spring.

Northern Whitetail Crabs

I’ve had nothing but good luck with my NWC tree’s. Vigorous growers with great root structure, have ordered from Terry three times and have no complaints.
My oldest trees from him have been in ground four or five years. I’ve got multiple;

Sheepnose
Gray Ghost
Crossbow
Ten Point
30-06
DropTine

The DropTine started fruiting a couple years ago or more and the 30-06 last year.

I’ve had nothing but good luck with my NWC tree’s. Vigorous growers with great root structure, have ordered from Terry three times and have no complaints.
My oldest trees from him have been in ground four or five years. I’ve got multiple;

Sheepnose
Gray Ghost
Crossbow
Ten Point
30-06
DropTine

The DropTine started fruiting a couple years ago or more and the 30-06 last year.

My first order with them and I have 4 each coming of the 30-06, Droptine, & Sheepnose. Terry was very good to work with. Looking forward to getting them in the ground.

Any recommendations on getting them off to a good start?

My first order with them and I have 4 each coming of the 30-06, Droptine, & Sheepnose. Terry was very good to work with. Looking forward to getting them in the ground.

Any recommendations on getting them off to a good start?

Just to screen and cage right off the bat. I planted the first ones in my small orchard and they didn’t get much TLC at all because of the location, and have been some of my best growers.
I can’t say enough about the DropTine it has been nothing but impressive one of my favorite varieties pretty much a bullit proof wildlife tree. Apples are quarter size or better and deer love them...the coon love them way to much. Fruit will hold into late January if you can protect from coon, last year one of mine put on hundreds of apples bending branches and coons raped the tree in October.

You won't find trees that will grow faster. Below is a picture I took a few days ago of my dad standing next to a Droptine that we set in the Spring of 2017. A few days after this it was covered with blooms.

I will say that their Yellow Delicious apple showed a lot of CAR last year. There was another one that did too, but I have forgotten which one. I decided to give them more time and see how they do. If the CAR on those continues to be bad, I will topwork. All others from them looking great with no CAR.

JYNuJSi.jpg

Terry doesn't screw around with those trees.

I ordered 6 in December. They shipped Monday and my wife says they showed up today! My whole weekends going to be spent planting trees with the kids it looks! I cant wait to see how they turn out!

Rit, they look good and I gotta say your clover is rockin too. Deer are lovin' it.

Reactions: Rit
You won't find trees that will grow faster. Below is a picture I took a few days ago of my dad standing next to a Droptine that we set in the Spring of 2017. A few days after this it was covered with blooms.

I will say that their Yellow Delicious apple showed a lot of CAR last year. There was another one that did too, but I have forgotten which one. I decided to give them more time and see how they do. If the CAR on those continues to be bad, I will topwork. All others from them looking great with no CAR.

Damn Native ... your Dad looks like a man amongst men! Those are hands of a man who broke earth and lived a work life.

Thank you for sharing ... I am sure he passed on the focus :emoji_wink:

Damn Native ... your Dad looks like a man amongst men! Those are hands of a man who broke earth and lived a work life.

Thank you for sharing ... I am sure he passed on the focus :emoji_wink:

Thanks Tree Spud. He is 85 and spent close to 4 hours yesterday cutting up and splitting a tree up for firewood. I try my best to keep up with him but it’s a challenge. I sure do feel blessed to still have him around.

Thanks Tree Spud. He is 85 and spent close to 4 hours yesterday cutting up and splitting a tree up for firewood. I try my best to keep up with him but it’s a challenge. I sure do feel blessed to still have him around.

What is his secret?

Dad looks 75 at most. Give him a hello for me!!

Good to hear about the NWC trees. If we lose any of our trees to bears or if some other space becomes available at camp, I'll have to give them a shot.

What is his secret?

Well......I know that he believes in working hard but also taking care of himself. He pays attention to eating well and doesn't use any tobacco or alcohol. He gets a lot of exercise doing chores around his farm, such as keeping the fence up. I think it's just a combination of doing the things that we all know to do, plus good genes.

Dad looks 75 at most. Give him a hello for me!!

Good to hear about the NWC trees. If we lose any of our trees to bears or if some other space becomes available at camp, I'll have to give them a shot.

I will do that Bows. It looks like I will get significant fruit on many of the NWC trees this year, so I will give some reports later in the year as they develop.

Just a little update. I talked with Terry from Nwc. (Actually we just text, seems to work better for both of us). The web site doesn't really reflect inventory with cancellations. He had some of everything. So maybe call if you want something that the web site says is sold out.
I ordered 10 more trees , 2 liberty, 2 enterprise and told him to suprise me with 6 more of whatever he puts in the box.

Just ordered 4 trees today and Terry says he has a few more to sell....FYI!!

I just put in an order for 6 with NWC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would order more but I have planted, caged, and protected 24 trees this week. I am a little burnt.

I emailed them and have 3 coming. Thanks for the tip. All new varieties for me.

30-06
Droptine
Wickson