Food plot chemicals

nitro27

5 year old buck +
One of the questions I'm asked quite often is what chemical to use, how much should in put in my sprayer, 15 gal. or 25 gal.? How much ground should I cover using? A good thread/sticky would be common chemicals, rate, (including how much to put in various size tanks, and amount of ground to cover)
Many find the directions/info confusing on materials coming with chem.
Suggested
roundup/gly
clethodium
difference between crop oil and surfactant?
OTHERS?
What can be used to control of thistle in trees?

1. Glyphosate (Roundup) http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/labels/Glyphosate_41_Plus.pdf
  2. Clethodim (Arrow 2EC) http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/labels/Arrow_2EC.pdf
  3. 2,4-DB (Butyrac200) http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/labels/Butyrac_200.pdf
  4. 2,4-D (2,4-D Amine)http://www.keystonepestsolutions.com/labels/24D_Amine_Alligare.pdf
I always have these top 4 on hand each season, used only as needed. Plus ...

Last edited:
Myself I try to use as little chemical as possible. I'm not afraid of a few weeds in my plot.

I have some numbers for Clethodim (grass specific herbicide) and Whitetail Institute Arrest (also a grass specific herbicide).

WI Arrest pint size:
$27.95 per pint covers .5 acres: $27.95 x 2 pints = $55.90 per acre

Bio Logic pint size:
$39.99 per pint covers 1 / acre = $39.99 per acre (has surfactant added)

WI Arrest gallon size:
$138.98 per gallon covers 3.5 acres: $138.98 / 3.5 acres = $39.70 per acre
(Rate per acre is approximately 36.5 ounces per acre)

Rural King Tide Clethodim gallon size:
$59.98 per gallon plus approximate shipping of $15.00 = $75.00 +\- covers 18 acres +\- (rates can vary from 6-8 oz per acre to a higher rate for tougher perennial grasses. I used an average rate of 7 ounces per acre to get 18 acres per gallon.
$75.00 /18 = $4.16 per acre.

MOBuckChaser Clethodim:
$48.50 per gallon includes some shipping. Covers 18 +/- acre (depending on rate used) 128 oz / 7 oz = 18 +/- acres (same as above)
$48.50 /18 = $2.69 per acre.

$55.90 / acre WI product
$39.70 / acre. WI product
$4.16 / acre Rural King product
$2.69 / acre MOBuckChaser
$39.99/ acre Bio Logic Weed Reaper

All the above herbicides (except Bio Logic) need to have a surfactant added to the mix. Check with MOBuckChaser for a price on clethodim.

Last edited:
I copied down the different chemicals plus adjuvants, how to mix, laminated it and put on sprayer. At 69 the pencil has a better memory than I do.

MO
Do you have Sethoxydim?

I need that to spray over my trees this spring post-planting them to kill the competing grasses.

Is it possible to ship these chemicals to NY? I can not find anything except the WI product.

It is still $48.50/gal fob Mora MN for people on this site only!

I'm sure I missed this but MO do you have contact information to make and order for some Clethodim? Or should I just send you a PM probably? Thanks!

John, do you carry Stinger or better yet a generic Stinger? I use it to spray over my Crab-apple trees to control broadleaf weeds.

How much chemical to put in a tank varies with tank pressure and tips.

I didn't make this formula up, it came from an article I read once and it is pretty accurate. Sorry to the original author for not remembering your name :oops:

Divide 340 by your nozzle spacing. 20 inches = 1.67 feet. 340/1.67 =204 ft. 204/3=68 yards.

Attach a cup to one sprayer nozzle with water in the tank and drive 68 yards at the speed you plan to spray. Measure what's in the cup in ounces.

Ounces out of one nozzle = gallons/acre out of your sprayer.

If you get 15 oz your sprayer puts out 15 gallons/acre.

Now all you have to do is maintain that same speed on a 4 wheeler throughout the spraying project, turns and all. Good luck with that, I haven't perfected it yet.

Updated a price on the above herbicide price list...Bio Logic is scamming the plotters just like WI.

Don't point that out on the other forum AD :eek:

I already did....that is where I first noticed the product. The advertisement on the side grabbed my attention. QDMA is selling their souls to scammers. From what I'm told, this product fills a niche in the plotters needs. I've also become known as the "price police". And that I should stop posting price comparisons because I'm hurting the people that are trying to put food on the table. If people want to pay the high prices, I need to let them. Don't let anyone know that there are alternative products out there available to food plotters.

Wish I could find a quart of sethoxydim or clethodim in the $20 range.

Yes I would be willing to pay a LITTLE more to buy smaller amounts, but it seems like you either have to buy a gallon or buy pint or 1/2 pint for a lot more.

I already did....that is where I first noticed the product. The advertisement on the side grabbed my attention. QDMA is selling their souls to scammers. From what I'm told, this product fills a niche in the plotters needs. I've also become known as the "price police". And that I should stop posting price comparisons because I'm hurting the people that are trying to put food on the table. If people want to pay the high prices, I need to let them. Don't let anyone know that there are alternative products out there available to food plotters.

Did you notice he "manages" Biologic's test plots? No wonder why he had a hurt butt when you called out his product.

Wish I could find a quart of sethoxydim or clethodim in the $20 range.

Yes I would be willing to pay a LITTLE more to buy smaller amounts, but it seems like you either have to buy a gallon or buy pint or 1/2 pint for a lot more.

Yes, small plotters are kinda....well, screwed. o_O It would be awesome to have a company that bottled smaller quantities without charging huge amounts of $$$.

Here is Plot Farmers "who are you"

icon1.gif

I'm also one of the lucky ones, I manage the Biologic Proving Grounds in Alabama and also as a Territory Manager for the sales side of Biologic in TN,KY,IN,OH,IL. I love my job and I get to work with people like ya'll everyday!
A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him. Babes do not tremble when they are shown a golf ball, but I should not like to own the boy whose hair does not lift his hat when he sees his first deer. – Aldo Leopold

No wonder why he got all defensive on me...:p

Last edited: