First year Dolgo produces

Knehrke

5 year old buck +
I left a couple of fruit on the Cummins Dolgo we planted this spring, just to have a taste--even though I know I should have pinched off the buds. Yesterday my wife and I shared our first one, and man was it good! I can see that we're going to have more of them going in the ground next Spring.

My first year Dolgos produced as well. I thinned them way down, but I left a few to try them. I won't be up to try them until this weekend, so I hope there is still some on the trees, and not over ripe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Making dolgo applesauce is on deck for this weekend. Perhaps a bit of cider with some dolgo in it also.

I have to recommend dolgo apple sauce and chestnut apple sauce. Make the chestnut apple sauce early and later in the season. The tastes are different.

Making dolgo applesauce is on deck for this weekend. Perhaps a bit of cider with some dolgo in it also.

I have to recommend dolgo apple sauce and chestnut apple sauce. Make the chestnut apple sauce early and later in the season. The tastes are different.
I may join you and make some cider this week with mine too. Maybe add some anaros crabs too

Nice!

IMG_1371.JPG Anyone guess what this is? Lol. The next pic in my opinion will be even better

Damn, you should go into marketing Aero! That looks so good, as do the apple trees in the background.

Damn, you should go into marketing Aero! That looks so good, as do the apple trees in the background.
It was sooooo good I will make some chestnut crab and Kerr crab cider today and have some anaros crabs as well. New flavor martini tonight lol

Aero - That's livin' !! Won't be long and the leaf colors will just add to the whole experience.

Aero - That's livin' !! Won't be long and the leaf colors will just add to the whole experience.
Can't wait. The deer aren't attacking the residue from the cider press. By the way the Chestnut, Kerr and Anaros ciders are awesome with the anaros having a bit bittersweet flavor. It didn't effect the vodka lol

Is Kerr ready right now?

I have a few Kerr with a dozen or so apples and am planning on some Red Baron, chestnut, and some seedling crabs for the press over this weekend. I also ate my first zestar last night.

Is Kerr ready right now?

I have a few Kerr with a dozen or so apples and am planning on some Red Baron, chestnut, and some seedling crabs for the press over this weekend. I also ate my first zestar last night.
It takes quite a few crabs to make any volume of cider. I had my first Zestar this week and it was awesomeness

Zestar is an amazing early apple!

My chestnut crab cider was amazing. Way sweeter than dolgo and Kerr and a hint of tang. Wish I had more chestnut crab apple trees

My chestnut crab cider was amazing. Way sweeter than dolgo and Kerr and a hint of tang. Wish I had more chestnut crab apple trees
Care to share the recipe?

Just press apples Simple as that Add vodka to taste lol

Did you make cider from chestnuts both early and late?

I think woodduck made some chestnut crab cider a few years ago. (the woodduck from Mn. We have two wooduck on the forum if my memory is correct)

One of my clients has an old dolgo in there yard. It is dropping apples now. There was a buck, doe, and fawn under it last night. He said the doe was on her back legs reaching for apples. Four bucks were under it the night before.