Finally....2 good bucks!

phil@thesidehill

5 year old buck +
got this odd ball heavy 7 pt. he certainly looks mature to me even for this time of year he has lots of the telltale signs. Not sure i had pics of him last year or not....this area has a lot of no brow/one brow bucks every year. He really isnt packing much for headgear...but i will take a crack if given the opportunity. I only get a few pics of mature bucks during the summer/early fall every year because my side of the hill is ruled by the does....which is fine with me because once late October rolls around i see LOTS of bucks.

Then i had this guy roll through. Looks like a very good 10 point. he came running down the hill through my plot at 3PM and then came back up the hill around 7:15PM. A friend of mine's step dad is getting pics of both of these bucks together at two different cam locations. Each of his cameras is about 1.25 miles from my property in a straight line. There is a sizeable property between his property and mine that the owners do not allow any hunting, but they gave me permission to shed hunt...its the property that i believe most of the bucks that i see come from....i've found a couple sheds from bucks that i have pics of over there in the last 2 yrs.

I agree that first buck is a fully mature buck. That 10 is a real beauty! Good luck with them both!

Nice bucks. Daytime too!

Interesting that the 7pt has a more pronounced arch in the antler without the brow tine and the side with the brow appears to have less curvature and width off of center.

Interesting that the 7pt has a more pronounced arch in the antler without the brow tine and the side with the brow appears to have less curvature and width off of center.
yep...seems like often times with non symmetrical racks that type of feature is more pronounced.

Good looking bucks, that 10 will be good to see come season. Good luck with them.

Real nice Phil! If you run out of bullets/arrows you can use mine...

That's a dandy 10.

Do the deer drink from that pond?

That'll keep your blood pumping til season opens!

Looks like the first one broke that brow tine off. Either one would be a heavy drag.

Very nice looking bucks. Hope you get a chance at them.

Nice, really nice. Good luck

That's a dandy 10.

Do the deer drink from that pond?
thanks bill! thats about as good of a buck as i see/get pics of in this area so i'm pretty pumped.

they do on occasion drink from the "pond". for more information on the "pond" you can read posts #1 and #24 here http://habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/throw-and-mow-no-till-plot-update.3991/

Good looking bucks, that 10 will be good to see come season. Good luck with them.
Thanks! i'm hoping that i'll see him from the tree some time around November 4th thru the 12th...lol. I'm confident based on his behavior in these pics, the fact that this is the first set of pics of him and the fact that i know someone over a mile away is getting consistent pics of him, that he most likely wont be hanging around my side of the hill until the rut starts rolling. thats usually just the way it works on my property. I get very inconsistent pics of bucks through the summer, then as the velvet peels and the bachelor groups break up i'll see some of those bucks again, but then as the rut gets going i start to see those bucks that i had velvet pics of plus a bunch that i have never seen before.

so you'll give me some ammo and arrows if i need more? lol

the way my cameras are producing spike horns and yearlings this year I'm looking to help someone shoot a nice one since I can't. :)

Very nice 10pt. To be honest I wouldn't let either one walk on my place.

Did the door on your PEN come loose ??? !!! :D No practicing on the running deer target at F-ville this year either !!! ( 10 pt. pic )

Both nice bucks Phil. Both look mature to me. Deep chests, blocky, " steer " bodies. Looks like maybe a little palmation on the 7 between his right 2 & 3 starting ??? I'd stiffen either. Good luck with them - or any others that show up come rut.