Electric bike

I have found the same with cold weather. It will zap my battery fast.
I kind of expected the battery not to last as long. I guess I had not considered it may impact power for hill climbing as well. I'm glad I have enough margin to cover that (at least so far).

I kind of expected the battery not to last as long. I guess I had not considered it may impact power for hill climbing as well. I'm glad I have enough margin to cover that (at least so far).
That was a little bit of a surprise to me as well…if my battery dips below 50% is essentially worthless on any incline. I have to keep mine topped off more than I expected

That was a little bit of a surprise to me as well…if my battery dips below 50% is essentially worthless on any incline. I have to keep mine topped off more than I expected
Mine was at or near 100% as I had just unplugged it and was less than 1/4 mile from the barn.

Took the Volcon Grunt to the farm today. Had a blast. Road it all over, lots of power, only sound is chain turning. Rode up on several deer that didn’t know I was there until 5-10 yards away. After riding probably 2 hours total I had 68% power left.

04F22A2E-6D37-4E30-98AA-4D5626956C70.jpeg

The Velowave Prado showed up yesterday. I assembled it and took it down to the farm today. I ran around swapping out SD cards on the cameras and freshened up a mineral site with the bike. Overall, I am pretty happy with the bike. I ran it about 95% of the time just on the electric motor and didn't have any issues with any of the hills on the farm. I put just shy of 4 miles on it this afternoon and used about 15% of the battery capacity.

Attachments

• 20221123_123356.jpg
    20221123_123356.jpg
    822.1 KB · Views: 24
The Velowave Prado showed up yesterday. I assembled it and took it down to the farm today. I ran around swapping out SD cards on the cameras and freshened up a mineral site with the bike. Overall, I am pretty happy with the bike. I ran it about 95% of the time just on the electric motor and didn't have any issues with any of the hills on the farm. I put just shy of 4 miles on it this afternoon and used about 15% of the battery capacity.
Looks nice! Are you pedaling on the hills?

Looks nice! Are you pedaling on the hills?
I used throttle only on the hills. the only time I was pedaling was when I wanted to go slow.

Well, I learned something tonight. I knew the bike had two modes, Eco and Sport. I had been using it in Eco mode, just cause it came with that set as default. I switched to sport mode tonight and was able to climb our steepest hill with no problem. Evidently, performance is more impacted in Eco mode when it is cold than in Sport mode.

I love when you figure something
Well, I learned something tonight. I knew the bike had two modes, Eco and Sport. I had been using it in Eco mode, just cause it came with that set as default. I switched to sport mode tonight and was able to climb our steepest hill with no problem. Evidently, performance is more impacted in Eco mode when it is cold than in Sport mode.
I love when you figure something out that make something work better. Good on you Jack. You’re gonna enjoy it even more now.

Mine has a similar setting, just know the sport mode will probably give you about half the range, so don’t get stuck off somewhere

Last edited:
I love when you figure something

I love when you figure something out that make something work better. Good on you Jack. You’re gonna enjoy it even more now.

Mine has a similar setting, just know the sport mode will probably give you about half the range, so don’t get stuck off somewhere
Yes, I presume the 45 mile advertised range of my bike is in eco-mode using pedal assist. I'm sure it is much less in sport mode using throttle only. Since I'm only on 400 acres, a trip out to hunt and back is never more than a mile or two. Using sport mode going to one of my furthest stands last night in the cold, my battery dropped to 89%.

I'm sure I'll use eco-mode when I use it for exercise outside the season.