Eagles

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
Coming back home from church this morning, I caught a glimpse of a big bird flying across the road I was on. I thought I saw a flash of white. It was flying right next to the river, and landed on a high-voltage tower near the river bank. I pulled over to look, and there was another bald eagle already sitting up there. 2 mature bald eagles about 200 yards away!! With the amount of BIG trees along the river, plus more towers, we may have a nesting pair near us this summer. Pretty cool sight.

Coming back home from church this morning, I caught a glimpse of a big bird flying across the road I was on. I thought I saw a flash of white. It was flying right next to the river, and landed on a high-voltage tower near the river bank. I pulled over to look, and there was another bald eagle already sitting up there. 2 mature bald eagles about 200 yards away!! With the amount of BIG trees along the river, plus more towers, we may have a nesting pair near us this summer. Pretty cool sight.
We used to have a nesting pair across the road. The nest hasn't been used for about five years now, don't know what happened to them. The people that used to live directly across from us used to complain how the young eagles would sit on the rail of their dock and shit on the dock. I thought it was a small price to pay for enjoying watching them.

I've seen quite a few around the Canadian part of Lake Huron and around Holmes County, Ohio in the last 10 years.

There is a field near where I live that has a couple of low lying areas that pond with water when it rains. For some reason the eagles love being near these water holes. Not sure if they're looking for mice or voles coming out of the ground to get away from the water or what. I used to have a picture where there were around 8-10 mature and immature eagles all sitting around one of these water holes. I don't think I have it anymore.

We’ve got so many eagles around here now it looks like Alaska. They seem to have taken an interest in the area. Osprey have actually outgrown the area and they are literally everywhere. The eagles like high nests near water ways or reservoirs . Osprey can be found anywhere which seems odd to me because they are also fishers. I’m thinking the eagles are taking up prime spots and the Osprey are having to take lesser areas

Bald eagles are very common by me with a nearby portion of the Wisconsin River remaining open year round. See them on roadkill deer often. When fishing in the spring it's pretty awesome to have one fly directly over the boat less than 100' above.

We have quite a few eagles here and many nests near our home. Our neighbors had a nest in the top of an old and very high white pine....complete with chicks. Until we had a tornado come thru (about 8 years ago). The tree fell on my house along with others.....and I'm not sure how those eagle chicks survived but they did. Hung out around here for a long time before they found a new place. I found a dog ID tag under the tree that the eagles evidently had. Had the dog's name and a phone number to call....but I never did. I like having the eagles to watch here....but you really dont want them in your tree tops. They haul allot of crap into the nest.....and will kill the tree they build in.

I had this guy sitting right along side driveway last week. I just had my iPhone to take a picture out the window but it turned out pretty good. I had a pile of coyotes and jack rabbits in the front lawn from this winter that I assume he had his eye on.
213F8D65-A891-430B-A6E9-CFAAF463A1DA.jpeg

Majestic birds

No mistaking them when you see

God's creatures

bill

Eagles are impressive birds! I feed roadkill deer to them on one of my ponds. I have a huge cottonwood they sit in and watch over their dinner. I’ve had as many as 23 at one time!
58EE1824-1A87-4921-A75A-ED22F96F3025.jpeg

I’ve lived in SE Kansas for 20 years when I arrived here it was pretty uncommon to see an eagle it has become a much more common place occurrence to see them now. The US outlawed DDT in 1972 that only took 50 years for them to recover in heavy agricultural areas where DDT was used extensively.