All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eagle beans

wildfire

5 year old buck +
We have not had a freeze yet, eagle beans are getting demolished. I have both regular and eagle beans mixed together. The eagles are zone 4, and have pods.

My real world northern blend turned yellow a week ago. They were getting hammered until they yellowed. Lots of pods, I'm impressed with them.

My eagles are 80-90% green but did not germinate well being broadcasted and then drug over with a chain-link. I think you really need to use a cultipacker with them if you plant as I did for better success.

It was a great year for growing beans in most of Minnesota and Wisconsin. I am using year-old Ag beans I got from BLB and they are loaded with beans. Mine are drying down but should make a great late season draw.

Green eagles sound good but I am to far north.

I always broadcast and cultipack. My eagles are totally green, at least the stems are.

Stopped using Eagle beans for just this reason.

I like them to yellow in Sept so I can run the 4 wheeler with a broadcaster through them and over seed rye. By now most of my beans are brown and there's a lush green carpet getting started under them.

But there is no doubt Eagle provide lots of forage in the summer.

My eagle beans do n great. Northern Mix. Had some mature over month ago plenty beans. Others just put on beans and late maturing still green.
Deer using daily. I sat over couple days ago some deer munch n on dry beans others hitting greens.