Big fellow eagle soybean

Thetrooper

5 year old buck +
Anyone planted the big fellow variety soybean from eagle seed? Going to put in 3.5 acres of it. Have heard mixed results as far as grain production. I've heard it won't produce beans up North but the definition of north to a guy in MN vs GA are two different things. If it's the mason Dixon line I might be screwed sitting right on the border in southern OH but either way would like to hear anyone's personal experience

We have planted that or Large Lad for a little over a decade. I am on the western NY/PA line and have plots in both states within 20 miles of the state line. It generally won't produce pods with actual beans in them for us unless I get a warm spring and get it in by May 20th or so and a late frost in the fall. In Southern OH you might make it with decent weather. We planted it more for the summer forage. Years we wanted pods we planted Managers Mix which has something like 30% early maturing beans mixed in. Still held up to browse pressure and had some beans in it for later in the season.

Last edited: