Dozer

I’ve got an old mid 70’s model Cat 951C track loader weighs about 28,000lbs I gave $15,000 for it a couple years ago I looked over the under carriage pretty well and it was in very good shape for its age old man that had it said he bought it from the township and they hadn’t used it much excavators had pretty much made my machine obsolete so it didn’t see a lot of use. I will say for a farm machine it’s great I can lift heavy items when required and at a pretty good height also because of the height pushing over trees is a dream compared to a dozer makes short work of clearing final grading is where it suffers compared to a dozer but I use a box blade behind the tractor for that. I’ve most certainly gotten more than my money’s worth out of this old girl and she is still plugging along but it could have easily gone badly for me if I lost a final drive or engine shortly after purchase it’s a roll of the dice with used equipment. I have had to rebuild the track adjustment rams and that wasn’t to bad after figuring out how to compress them before splitting the tracks took me and the boys a day. I’ve cleaned out one pond
Buried a pond
Repaired two other pond dam’s
Cleared probably about 1.5 miles of fence rows
Buried an old open pit silo
Built access roads on the farms
Installed culverts
Driven pipe fence posts with it.

If I had it to do over I’d buy a Cat 955L it’s mine’s big brother 150hp machine versus my 100hp. The newer rear engine models are much much more expensive to repair compared to these old workhorses I’d stay away from the Cat 943, 953 and 963 machines after talking to guys that have them and hearing the prices they pay for parts it’s a night and day difference between mine and theirs unless you found a very low hour machine then at the right price it might be worth it also they have turbos which does increase HP but also decrease engine life.

Attachments

• 66CCF3DD-5B0A-4664-A15A-171FB7B46B5E.jpeg
    66CCF3DD-5B0A-4664-A15A-171FB7B46B5E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 51
She made it to her new home yesterday. I bought it sight unseen so I was nervous how it would look. I was pleased. A few issues, bucket has some slop in it so new pins most likely in my future and for some reason after running it for a bit yesterday I got a code sys and it wouldnt idle down. Spoke to dealer and he said that is a throttle issue and he would help out with any parts so that was reassuring. This morning I ran it for a bit and it didn’t do it so I’m sure it’s some glitch that will show up at the worst times!
1B0C8028-05E3-40DC-8C32-A62AC518E144.jpeg

Last edited:
She made it to her new home yesterday. I bought it sight unseen so I was nervous how it would look. I was pleased. A few issues, bucket has some slop in it so new pins most likely in my future and for some reason after running it for a bit yesterday I got a code sys and it would idle down. Spoke to dealer and he said that is a throttle issue and he would help out with any parts so that was reassuring. This morning I ran it for a bit and it didn’t do it so I’m sure it’s some glitch that will show up at the worst times!
View attachment 50593
Man, you're gonna like having that around. I rented a Bobcat E50 a couple years ago for 3 days and then followed up with 2 days on a skidsteer to finish it all. I got so much stuff done I ran out of ideas. Getting to be time to do that again this year.

Man, you're gonna like having that around. I rented a Bobcat E50 a couple years ago for 3 days and then followed up with 2 days on a skidsteer to finish it all. I got so much stuff done I ran out of ideas. Getting to be time to do that again this year.
I agree. That and skid you have is awesome combo

Testament to the strength of these machines…this is how the driver got It off the truck
32A6B0B5-3B9A-469F-BF63-F6445B3252E3.jpeg

She made it to her new home yesterday. I bought it sight unseen so I was nervous how it would look. I was pleased. A few issues, bucket has some slop in it so new pins most likely in my future and for some reason after running it for a bit yesterday I got a code sys and it wouldnt idle down. Spoke to dealer and he said that is a throttle issue and he would help out with any parts so that was reassuring. This morning I ran it for a bit and it didn’t do it so I’m sure it’s some glitch that will show up at the worst times!
View attachment 50593

One cool machine! Make sure you create a picture and description of your work and issues. Would be interested to learn about this machine.

Last edited:
We just built a 48x80 pole barn with 18' sidewalls. My wife asked why I got a 14' garage door and I said it was for the excavator that I wanted to buy. The look on her face was priceless....or just somewhat angry.....one of the two.

We just built a 48x80 pole barn with 18' sidewalls. My wife asked why I got a 14' garage door and I said it was for the excavator that I wanted to buy. The look on her face was priceless....or just somewhat angry.....one of the two.
Always easier to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission.

I've got one the same size and the only nag I have would be that it would be nice if it had a higher top end when you have to drive it very far. I take mine 3/4 mile before I'm using it and it's hard watching my dogs pass me and pull away when they are just walking. You are going to find so many projects to do with that thing. Pretty easy on fuel also.

I've got one the same size and the only nag I have would be that it would be nice if it had a higher top end when you have to drive it very far. I take mine 3/4 mile before I'm using it and it's hard watching my dogs pass me and pull away when they are just walking. You are going to find so many projects to do with that thing. Pretty easy on fuel also.
Truer words have never been spoken. I drove it about a hundred yards down from the shop yesterday and I was having nightmares about how long it will take me to get to the back of my place.

You will love having a machine like that around lots of attachments for those little mini ex’s

I think top speed is 2.6 mph going down hill with a wind at your back. I contemplated parking it where I want to use it and walk out there but with my luck it might not start etc.....

I think top speed is 2.6 mph going down hill with a wind at your back. I contemplated parking it where I want to use it and walk out there but with my luck it might not start etc.....
Oh that’s exactly my plan. Or I was going to drive a four wheeler out. Park it and run back so at the end of the day I didn’t have to run back.