Do you remember it being colder

Omi still trying to get my head around global warming and counting votes in the same vein. Lolll
More speaking to the ability of the people in charge of things in this country. Yeah, different topics--good catch.

.........and before feral hogs and fire ants came to east texas

bill
I hear y’all.

When I was a kid, there was wild quail everywhere. My dad used to come back with a paper grocery bag full every time. However, at that time deer were pretty scarce. Now there are deer everywhere. It seems to be a give-and-take.

As far as the ducks, I duck hunt in Arkansas extensively. There is no doubt there are less ducks. However, I am not sure the cause of that. I think it is multifactorial, But I think the leadership of some of the duck conservation groups and their decisions has played a large role.

Kansas, Nebraska, Illinois, seem to be covered up with ducks now. The flyway has just shifted west. My guess is this is a natural pattern that has happened many times over the generations, but all we remember is our experience.

I ain't no rocket scientist, but when I see the ice caps melting I can make an educated guess of what's happening. I blame it on the the lizard people.image.png

I ain't no rocket scientist, but when I see the ice caps melting I can make an educated guess of what's happening. I blame it on the the lizard people.View attachment 62134
I agree totally. It’s easy to see the earth is warming. Obvious being obvious it’s the sun cycle or something and not the ants living on the rock.

I agree totally. It’s easy to see the earth is warming. Obvious being obvious it’s the sun cycle or something and not the ants living on the rock.
Agree to disagree but no way to prove either of us is wrong. But…my mind says we have toppled mountains, drained lakes, rerouted rivers, changed shoreline of oceans, removed billions of acres of trees, developed millions upon millions of acres of land, emitted untold amounts of gasses, split atoms, altered the weather through scientific means…why would I not think maybe just maybe we could influence the climate through our actions?
With that said I’m taking my 17 mpg truck to my farm and filling up my tractors with diesel and working all weekend.

Last edited:
Did you know that the Earth is 15% greener than it was 25 years ago? That's equivalent to the size of the US. Why is that?

Did you know that the Earth is 15% greener than it was 25 years ago? That's equivalent to the size of the US. Why is that?
What does greener mean in this instance?

Agree to disagree but no way to prove either of us is wrong. But…my mind says we have toppled mountains, drained lakes, rerouted rivers, changed shoreline of oceans, removed billions of acres of trees, developed millions upon millions of acres of land, emitted untold amounts of gasses, split atoms, altered the weather through scientific means…why would I not think maybe just maybe we could influence the climate through our actions?
With that said I’m taking my 17 mph truck to my farm and filling up my tractors with diesel and working all weekend.
I’m confused about what we’re arguing over. Is it whether we COULD impact climate? The Dust Bowl proves that we COULD. That was much different than the causes being bandied about today.

I’d just say that anecdotal (there’s that word again) observations of warmer weather are an incredibly weak indication that climate has been impacted beyond normal ebbs and flows.

Remember all the feed the children commercials? World hunger has improved dramatically. Crop yields are up.

Guess what kills more people, heat or cold? That’s right. Cold by a mile. And cold deaths are down every year.

I think we are on an earth warming trend. But guess what, many of the the effects are positive. Strange how the people wanting our money fail to mention those.

Also, if humans weren’t here, according to the graphs above and most of the same scientists, the earth would still be warming. We are coming out of an ice age remember.

Pollution, what we will do with all the trash, fresh water. All real issues. Man made global warming…I mean climate change, is a bunch of hog wash imo.

With that said I’m taking my 17 mpg truck to my farm and filling up my tractors with diesel and working all weekend.
Haha. I feel the same my man. I’m sure we can, I just think the big fusion reactor in the sky, and the earths magnetic field (which is dimming) effects it more.

Three years ago our coldest winter low was -30, this year it's -10. So three years from now it will be +10, and three years after that it will be +30.

Does anyone know where I can get some coconut and pineapple trees for my food plot?

I wouldn’t mind some home grown Pina Colada ingredients.! Keep the heat coming.

I can’t wait until then, I guess I need to go hit the Caribbean for a week or so.