Do I need watering holes?

I would highly recommend some. They are beneficial to a lot of different creatures. I dug a fairly large waterhole/small pond 6 ft deep. The first year it was getting pounded by the deer. I strongly believe that the are attracted to something in the freshly dug soil. I have lots of lowland the holds water here and there but they love the dug waterhole the best. The animals have a couple of good trails leading to the ponds but the usage is nowhere near like when it was first dug. Its cool just to see everything using it.

For me, a waterhole or two was an absolute must. I put them on the same level as food plots. We put them in a few years ago and the deer started using them almost immediately.

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0884.JPG

Tracks on the ice of one, and a solid path to another.

The wildlife attraction is amazing. I have one in my yard that always has frogs, tadpoles, birds, bees, etc using it (even though it goes dry often).
1fce2796939aad98fa16d56f1417b110.jpg
8abe9bf26f65c849d74bbb8ad163c859.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

And they get used all the time.

IMG_0700.JPG

IMG_0389.JPG

IMG_1460.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

IMG_0013 (2).JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0081.JPG

The deer laying in them is amazing to me. The lab seems the most exuberant of the bunch though!

^^ Those pics were pretty cool, and yes, that dog loves those waterholes. She's in them every time we go to the property. The one buck didn't get to lay there long..

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

IMG_0188.JPG

Wow!

Reactions: gwm
Awesome!!

Reactions: gwm
My buddy puts them in with the skid loader when we have it down at the farm 1 day a year. In the right place they can be really good.

His brother hit (but didn't kill) the biggest buck he's ever seen late october over a kiddie pool. In the woods.

I have a stream, swampy area and existing 70 gallon stock tank. The deer drank the stock tank dry last summer. Also lots of scraping around thay water hole. Added another one (110) gallons friday. It was less than $100 and 1 hour to dig it into the ground!
49ce08fbd83f382c2eb4a286f269ad5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

(Sigh) another project added to my list. This seems like a high efficiency one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, after seeing all of these pics, I don't see how it could do anything but help! Thanks guys! Thats going on my management list for sure!!!