Darwin awards

j-bird

Instead of high jacking another thread - I will start a different one. we see the pics on the web and we have all done some things that looking back was really, REALLY stupid. Please share, so we can all laugh at our own stupidity!

I posted this on the other thread - but moved my post here.

I figure this is the Russian gun safety course. Boris in the back seems to be struggling!
Russian gun safety.jpg

He can't shoot himself with that rifle. He's already pulled out the bolt carrier and a bunch of other parts. It's Impossible to examine the bore of an AK from the breach because it sits so low in the receiver.

He can't shoot himself with that rifle. He's already pulled out the bolt carrier and a bunch of other parts. It's Impossible to examine the bore of an AK from the breach because it sits so low in the receiver.

ahhhh your no fun,

Arn't you Debbie Downer ... sometimes it's ok to laugh ... :emoji_astonished:

Just sayin, I've seen more than one person shot with a gun that they "couldn't shoot themselves" with.

When I was in Desert Storm a Lt. at our base put his M9 Beretta to his head to demonstrate to his platoon the safety mechanisms of the pistol and how they prevented it from firing under so and so circumstances and "BAM". Off it went. Sad way to go.

ahhhh your no fun,

Sorry, boys. I grew up shooting an AK, and had one with me at university. Plus I recently took the Canadian firearms course, which made me a real killjoy when it comes to firearm safety.

Didn't know Canada still allowed you boys to shoot firearms...

Here's my favorite:

That video reminds me of the old "Matt Helm" movies that starred Dean Martin. He had a handgun that was designed to have a delayed fire. Anyone out there old enough to remember this?

That video is just scary !! I'll bet there was a hole out the back of his undershorts bigger than the one in his hat brim. :emoji_scream: :emoji_poop: :emoji_poop: :emoji_poop: :emoji_poop:

I remember Matt Helm with Dino, but not the gun you mention.

I saw that one as well and as soon as the gun doesn't go off - you think, "Oh....don't be that stupid!!" Then....BANG! I had a muzzleloader hang fire on me once while deer hunting and it was just long enough I started to unshoulder the gun....then it went off....left a nice bruise!

This is my favorite, he was really into what he was doing until he shot himself :)

I worked fire/ems for a decade. Saw many Darwin Award candidates.

THis Guy severed his leg shooting a lawnmower packed with tannerite

Here's my favorite:

At least he’s wearing his orange vest for safety!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever watch a show called "Ridiculousness" ?? There are millions of Darwin award winners walking around out there. Of ALL ages.

Ever watch a show called "Ridiculousness" ?? There are millions of Darwin award winners walking around out there. Of ALL ages.
You are correct - if we as a species allowed mother nature to take it's course.....many of those folks wouldn't be around because they simply wouldn't survive their own stupidity!

Just sayin, I've seen more than one person shot with a gun that they "couldn't shoot themselves" with.

When I was in Desert Storm a Lt. at our base put his M9 Beretta to his head to demonstrate to his platoon the safety mechanisms of the pistol and how they prevented it from firing under so and so circumstances and "BAM". Off it went. Sad way to go.

Dang, are you serious? That is about as awful as I have heard. Wow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk