Cuddelink L series Q & A

Thanks John. I have brand new SD cards coming in the mail today. I'll try that. I've tried different channels over the past few weeks, per cudeback's suggestions, and nothing seems to have changed. I've also changed the cell rate from 1 hour to 6 hours. I originally had the cameras setup on a 250 acre farm, 10 minutes north of my house but relocated them to my farm so I could troubleshoot this issue but nothing seems to be working out yet. I'll let you know how the new cards respond. What does a "Normal" report look like when the home recognizes the SD card? Should the Home show images on the SD card just like camera itself? Should it be telling me how much storage the home SD card has just like the camera SD card as opposed to NA?
yes the home should show images on the card and the space remaining , i would look at the online report as the app is going thru a lot of changes and the online report is going to be more accurate right now. are all antennas in good shape ? the should be if connected but its one last thing to look at.

Both the home and camera were brand new a month ago and the antennas seem to be flawless. I attached the online report. It seems to be pretty much the same as the app. Would have different revisions of firmware have anything to do with it? The report shows the home have FWV 1.6 and the camera having FWV 1.3. Cuddeback's website shows the latest revision is 1.4 ??

Attachments

• online report.JPG
    online report.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 9
Both the home and camera were brand new a month ago and the antennas seem to be flawless. I attached the online report. It seems to be pretty much the same as the app. Would have different revisions of firmware have anything to do with it? The report shows the home have FWV 1.6 and the camera having FWV 1.3. Cuddeback's website shows the latest revision is 1.4 ??
i think an SD card change in the home may fix this - the firmware is ok, on the L series home and the Tracks cell units, firmware updates are uploaded remotely but the L remotes you need to do manually, that said.....1.3 should work with the current home. You can update if you prefer though.

Thanks John. I have brand new SD cards coming in the mail today. I'll try that. I've tried different channels over the past few weeks, per cudeback's suggestions, and nothing seems to have changed. I've also changed the cell rate from 1 hour to 6 hours. I originally had the cameras setup on a 250 acre farm, 10 minutes north of my house but relocated them to my farm so I could troubleshoot this issue but nothing seems to be working out yet. I'll let you know how the new cards respond. What does a "Normal" report look like when the home recognizes the SD card? Should the Home show images on the SD card just like camera itself? Should it be telling me how much storage the home SD card has just like the camera SD card as opposed to NA?

Camp
1698111906292.png

HTML report from email
1698112035461.png
app is the same as Camp, use the HTML report.

Camp
View attachment 58729

HTML report from email
View attachment 58730
yes it should show that, unless the report was built right after you turned it on and armed it, if its been deployed for a couple days it should show images on it and also the memory available, make sure its not locked and is inserted all the way when you check it. I would also format or go to commands then clear the new card when you put it in the home. emailed reports and camp reports are not synced so they can be different.

Camp
View attachment 58729

HTML report from email
View attachment 58730
I replaced both SD cards yesterday and nothing seems to have changed. The camp report still shows NA for the home SD card. I'm not receiving a HTML report via email. Should I be receiving the HTML report via email at whatever frequency I have the cell report setup to on the home? I didnt realize it was supposed to email you the report, just thought it updated in the app and camp.

I replaced both SD cards yesterday and nothing seems to have changed. The camp report still shows NA for the home SD card. I'm not receiving a HTML report via email. Should I be receiving the HTML report via email at whatever frequency I have the cell report setup to on the home? I didnt realize it was supposed to email you the report, just thought it updated in the app and camp.
Yes, you should be getting a report in your email. You can set it to send up to 4 reports a day. You can try adding another email address to the account if you are not getting them on the original. Also check spam, etc. It seems like when I have added addresses it takes a little while to update.

Yes, you should be getting a report in your email. You can set it to send up to 4 reports a day. You can try adding another email address to the account if you are not getting them on the original. Also check spam, etc. It seems like when I have added addresses it takes a little while to update.
Good call on the spam folder. They were being sent there. Thank you!

So the HTML report actually shows the SD card there but the online CAMP report still show NA for the SD card. Interesting. I may leave it out for a couple more days and see how it responds to the two new SD cards and go from there. Starting to get frustrating.

Attachments

• HTMLreport.JPG
    HTMLreport.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Camp Report.JPG
    Camp Report.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 4
yes- you should receive it via email, anytime the Server loads images on the app and camp, it sends an email or text to the relay address' you have listed, it cant do it any other way- if its going on the app or photos on camp, the report and images are making it to the server. if you arent receiving those- that may be the issue. I would check your junk file and also make sure the email address is listed correctly. It might be a good idea to add another email address ot the relay that you can compare with - you can have up to 10 on it.

I dont remember who but for those that were waiting, Black Flash L series have finally arrived, PM me and ill send you to someone that has them now.

So the HTML report actually shows the SD card there but the online CAMP report still show NA for the SD card. Interesting. I may leave it out for a couple more days and see how it responds to the two new SD cards and go from there. Starting to get frustrating.
That looks like it is working. More than anything, it is just a matter of time to get used to how the system works. After a bit, you will just be looking at pictures and enjoying it.

I now have the cell rate set to send every hour. Do these typically send 10-15 emails (per say) per hour with 1 or 2 images per email or are they supposed to send one or two emails per hour with up to 30 images per email? Support told me I should be receiving however many emails it takes to send the images in the home queue with up to 30 some images per email. I've been receiving emails all night and all day the following day with 1 or 2 images per email. If I clear the SD cards and queues, the first couple of emails will have several pictures then it seemed to revert back to one or two images per email.

I now have the cell rate set to send every hour. Do these typically send 10-15 emails (per say) per hour with 1 or 2 images per email or are they supposed to send one or two emails per hour with up to 30 images per email? Support told me I should be receiving however many emails it takes to send the images in the home queue with up to 30 some images per email. I've been receiving emails all night and all day the following day with 1 or 2 images per email. If I clear the SD cards and queues, the first couple of emails will have several pictures then it seemed to revert back to one or two images per email.
The cell rate sets the number of images it stores before sending the email. I think setting it hourly, you will get an email with however many pictures are captured during that hour. I have mine set at 1 photo, but I do get some emails that have more than one photo. I set it to 1 in order to speed things up. Once snow falls I will back off to 5+ cell rate. Note that you can also set individual cameras to priority under the "control" menu, this will cause the home to send any photo from that camera right away regardless of cell rate. I really like that feature.

The cell rate sets the number of images it stores before sending the email. I think setting it hourly, you will get an email with however many pictures are captured during that hour. I have mine set at 1 photo, but I do get some emails that have more than one photo. I set it to 1 in order to speed things up. Once snow falls I will back off to 5+ cell rate. Note that you can also set individual cameras to priority under the "control" menu, this will cause the home to send any photo from that camera right away regardless of cell rate. I really like that feature.
if you are running your cell rate on 1 image this is why you are having issues, a link network cant work correctly using a cell rate of 1 image, it will actually slow it down - you are better off running 1 hour or batch 5 images. cell rate 1 or 2 images is reserved for stand alone cell units, not a cuddelink home with even one remote link ot it.

make sure you have cell rate set to One hour NOT 1 image, if its on 1 or 2 images this will bring you network to a screeching halt. The only other reason it wouldnt send all images in que (up to the max 30) is if you have the same channel as another network close by, or if you have priority set on more than one cmaera.

if you are running your cell rate on 1 image this is why you are having issues, a link network cant work correctly using a cell rate of 1 image, it will actually slow it down - you are better off running 1 hour or batch 5 images. cell rate 1 or 2 images is reserved for stand alone cell units, not a cuddelink home with even one remote link ot it.
I am not having any problems, but that is good to know I am not speeding things up with 1 photo cell rate. Even at that, I am getting photos within the hour they are taken using a cell rate of 1 photo and 10 cameras.

I am not having any problems, but that is good to know I am not speeding things up with 1 photo cell rate. Even at that, I am getting photos within the hour they are taken using a cell rate of 1 photo and 10 cameras.
you may want to change it to one hour for some time and see how it performs, you will certainly have issues at some point or not get images sent since the cell unit has to shut down to send 1 image or 30 for the same amount of time. Im actually shocked your network is working at all with 10 cameras and a cell rate of one image. you would be the first and only to have it work seamlessly like that to my knowledge.

you may want to change it to one hour for some time and see how it performs, you will certainly have issues at some point or not get images sent since the cell unit has to shut down to send 1 image or 30 for the same amount of time. Im actually shocked your network is working at all with 10 cameras and a cell rate of one image. you would be the first and only to have it work seamlessly like that to my knowledge.
Exciting, i might be a first. I have been running 1 photo rate for over a month and have not noticed any issues. I will try 1 hour. If this speeds things up I will be even more happy.

To make matters worse, I have a couple set to priority.

Screenshot_20231024-122442.png

One issue i do have is it looks like it is running on pacific time, but should be mountain. I did my initial setup in pacific time, and now can't change it remotely. Not much of an issue, and should be easy to fix when I get back there.

yes- you should receive it via email, anytime the Server loads images on the app and camp, it sends an email or text to the relay address' you have listed, it cant do it any other way- if its going on the app or photos on camp, the report and images are making it to the server. if you arent receiving those- that may be the issue. I would check your junk file and also make sure the email address is listed correctly. It might be a good idea to add another email address ot the relay that you can compare with - you can have up to 10 on it.
I’ve had the same problem for last week. The camp and app show NA on SD space available and 0 SD pictures and the email showed 3500 + pictures. There’s a glitch somewhere