Cuddelink L series Q & A

okay thanks..

on the external power bank and hooking up to the l camera does it automatically know the power bank is connected or is there a mode I need to activate. Should I change all 10 batteries together?
if its a 4d internal camera it will eventually recognize it, if you want it to recognize it right away go into Test on the cameras and run sd card test 9 times, it should then show ext ok under battery test . Other option is pull internals , wait until screen dies completely then plug in external before loading internal batteries again.
I would change all or make sure you always go with 6 new in the external, the internals can be older as long as one of them isnt dead.

thanks I will try both.

if its a 4d internal camera it will eventually recognize it, if you want it to recognize it right away go into Test on the cameras and run sd card test 9 times, it should then show ext ok under battery test . Other option is pull internals , wait until screen dies completely then plug in external before loading internal batteries again.
I would change all or make sure you always go with 6 new in the external, the internals can be older as long as one of them isnt dead.
thanks i will try both

I still have lots of questions that come up, but I try to resolve them myself before posting.
One that I don't fully understand is with the cell home antennas. Is one antenna cellular and one cuddelink? Or do they do double duty? I just want to be sure I orient it in the best possible way.

I still have lots of questions that come up, but I try to resolve them myself before posting.
One that I don't fully understand is with the cell home antennas. Is one antenna cellular and one cuddelink? Or do they do double duty? I just want to be sure I orient it in the best possible way.
on the New L series home , they do double duty, the link antenna is also a cell antenna , you want both in good condition no matter what- on the G cell homes , the link antenna is separate from the Cell antennas there is a total of 3 on there.

I am getting A LOT of pics with nothing in them. I think I have something set up wrong.

When I say a lot, I have a couple cameras with 250 pics in que. I hit the “clear que“ button but it takes awhile for the changes to take affect.

Can anyone suggest a a few things to check? I’m currently getting pics from 24 hours ago.

Last edited:
IMG_0123.jpeg

IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0125.jpeg

no need to read the whole thread as some things have changed a bit over the years,
this video walks thru step by step
here are cliff notes
Update firmware on both your home and the L series - Instructions on cuddeback.com
1. use quality sd cards sands 16 gb or 32gb is plenty big enough
2. build a camp account on cuddeback.com. Add your cell device, buy a plan and activate it.
3. Set date and time on cell home unit
4. Set all cameras to the same channel and DO NOT USE 01-01( the default ) Use a random number and keep them spread apart- example is 11-31
5. run a cell test on you cell unit at home under cell menu, set yoru cell rate to batch 5 for testing
6. once you get success then take 1 remote at a time , go ot link menu and link level and insure it gives you a n umber between 20-99
7. deploy your cameras in your yard overnight and walk in front of each one and make sure you get an email with pics..
8.now you are ready to deploy in the field, run cell test where you want the home (Central location if possible) and then deploy one remote at a time, run a link level in link menu and arm them if 20 or more is achieved .
once its deployed for 12 hours or so you can go into camp under your device settings and make any other setting changes needed.
No one mentions another big step, in my mind STEP 1.
Make an account on cuddeback.com, not camp.cuddeback. Register ALL cameras to get the extended warranty.

No one mentions another big step, in my mind STEP 1.
Make an account on cuddeback.com, not camp.cuddeback. Register ALL cameras to get the extended warranty.
Or be like me, throw them all up in trees and then realize you need the numbers. I still have one i need to hike in to. It takes a bit to get a process established where I am not forgetting something. I find using a motorcycle speeds things up considerably.

I am getting A LOT of pics with nothing in them. I think I have something set up wrong.

When I say a lot, I have a couple cameras with 250 pics in que. I hit the “clear que“ button but it takes awhile for the changes to take affect.

Can anyone suggest a a few things to check? I’m currently getting pics from 24 hours ago.
can you post a couple of the pictures

Since I’m new at this I was wondering if it’s the wind moving grass or trees, or maybe a squirrel in the bare branches but I never notice anything…. Also I received these in email about 24 hours after they were taken?

that little clock in the bottom left means you had these cams on timelapse when these pics were taken. Clear your remote que, Cell que, and the sd cards on both cameras and make sure day and night lapse is set to "off"

that little clock in the bottom left means you had these cams on timelapse when these pics were taken. Clear your remote que, Cell que, and the sd cards on both cameras and make sure day and night lapse is set to "off"
AHA! Thank you. I knew it was some setting I had messed up.

Thanks again for the help @john volkman.

After one cycle of communicating with the cell home it is back to normal.

This system has a learning curve, and I appreciate someone being willing to shorten that learning curve. It’s really been fun to have this system up and chugging away at my place!

Does anyone know if you can use the old G and K cell antennas on the new L series Tracks cameras? I damaged one of the antenna on my tracks camera clearing brush.

Does anyone know if you can use the old G and K cell antennas on the new L series Tracks cameras? I damaged one of the antenna on my tracks camera clearing brush.
yes

I learned a couple things recently. Keep the doors closed and latched when handling them. I dropped one during setup and broke the door latch, if it had been latched it would have been fine. I also remove antennas and make sure it is not powered up when transporting and during setup to avoid issues. I also double check that the antennas are tight before walking away.