Cuddelink 2020 GEN 2 version

Just curious how long the changes take via the Device Settings with the cell setup? On the camp website I have made some changes to the location # and also the names of the cameras yesterday almost 24 hours ago and they are still Pending?
it typically needs to connect to the home 2- 3 times for you to see the change 24 hours isnt uncommon, if you tried to change aspect thats not working so it will still say pending.

Just curious how long the changes take via the Device Settings with the cell setup? On the camp website I have made some changes to the location # and also the names of the cameras yesterday almost 24 hours ago and they are still Pending?
I have seen changes take as little as an hour or less and sometimes more than 24 hours. Make sure you're doing only 1 or 2 changes at a time. Too many changes at one time seem to bog down the system. The speed with which they change seems to be based on connection quality (cell and Cuddelink) and the camera that is to be changed.

@john volkman I wanted to change my plan from unlimited to 2k images. My old cc was on file and kept getting delinquency emails. But no way to update my credit card and the link didn’t work in the email. I added a new plan but right now it says “Next Plan” as status and says billing date 11/15 and I can’t tell if I have an active plan or not? I don’t have anyway to modify or add a plan anymore either.

@john volkman I wanted to change my plan from unlimited to 2k images. My old cc was on file and kept getting delinquency emails. But no way to update my credit card and the link didn’t work in the email. I added a new plan but right now it says “Next Plan” as status and says billing date 11/15 and I can’t tell if I have an active plan or not? I don’t have anyway to modify or add a plan anymore either.
i dont have access to the billing side of it so you will need to call them Monday to figure what is what, make sure you are looking at the cell plan details and not the photo plan which is for storage of your images.
you can pm me your contact info and ill send it on to someone to contact you Monday as well,. I will be hunting tomorrow thru next week so i wont be checking the site much for the next week or so.

Interesting observation today. I have noticed that I get very very few pics when its raining. Usually none from 8 cams. Today it was raining hard all day. Hard. I had to do some work in my field and stood directly in front of one of my cams for about 5 minutes. It has taken my pic a number of times in nice weather. Not a single pic today. None. I was about 15 feet from the cam. On the way back there was a doe right in front of another cam. She was close to it. No pics tonight. I really like the Cudde system and it has been great for me but my cams dont take pics in the rain. Dont think its settings as they otherwise work really well.

Interesting observation today. I have noticed that i get very very few pics when its raining. usually none from 8 cams. Today it was raining hard all day. Hard. I had to do some work in my field and stood directly in front of one of my cams for about 5 minutes. It has taken my pic a number of times in nice weather. Not a single pic today. None. I was about 15 feet from the cam. On the way back there was a doe right in front of another cam. She was close to it. No pics tonight. I really like the Cudde system and it has been great for me but my cams dont take pics in the rain. Dont think its settings as they otherwise work really well.
rf transmission is very restricted in rain , especially heavy rain, its normal for transmission to not be good and then pick up when it clears up- The sensor needs heat and motion to trigger.

Ok, new to Cuddeback, bought a used system, K home, 4 J-3s, oldest 8-2018. Been playing with them for two months at home, no cell activation. First thing I did was load 8.3 First noticed lack of photos from #2 and 4 like lawn mower going by. Updated to 9004 lenses, 15 sec delay, EZ mode, centered zone. Using 1 yr old SanDisk cards, full format to default, FAT32. Finally took a sawhorse mounting all 4 side by side. 2 and 4 will take pics for less than 24 hours, and lock up. Open door, display says "armed", no button response, have to remove batteries and drain capacitor. After welcome, time is something like 5pm and date set to last pic taken date. I switched cards between 1-2, 3-4. 1 and 3 still work as should, 2 and 4, still lock up. Last night I switched #4 to stand alone and now it's taking pics and not locking up.
??????? Help, customer support just saying bad SD.

Ok, new to Cuddeback, bought a used system, K home, 4 J-3s, oldest 8-2018. Been playing with them for two months at home, no cell activation. First thing I did was load 8.3 First noticed lack of photos from #2 and 4 like lawn mower going by. Updated to 9004 lenses, 15 sec delay, EZ mode, centered zone. Using 1 yr old SanDisk cards, full format to default, FAT32. Finally took a sawhorse mounting all 4 side by side. 2 and 4 will take pics for less than 24 hours, and lock up. Open door, display says "armed", no button response, have to remove batteries and drain capacitor. After welcome, time is something like 5pm and date set to last pic taken date. I switched cards between 1-2, 3-4. 1 and 3 still work as should, 2 and 4, still lock up. Last night I switched #4 to stand alone and now it's taking pics and not locking up.
??????? Help, customer support just saying bad SD.
Doesn't sound like SD cards are the issues. I'm wondering if it is a firmware issue with the card. What are the channel settings you are using? Do you know how many hours were on cameras 2 and 4? I know that John is out hunting this week so maybe others might have some more constructive feedback.

Thanks Hoytvectrix, #4 stats, 8/15/18, LD 00819, RD00676, LI16750. I'm using 03-16 for channel. I've tried to read all this thread and others and it took me awhile to pick out suggestions and fine tune the basics. Ordering new cards since I'm using my normal swap cards for my stand alone cams. Need cams in woods, not back yard, season and rut open here.

What are the models you are testing out?

I'm no expert, but I'm running 50 cameras on 550 acres in Kentucky and have seen lots of problems. After updating all my cameras to 8.3 last week (darn that took a long time to accomplish) two cameras that had been working perfectly stopped sending pics. Tried about everything before thinking to put new SD cards in, and that solved my problem. What was weird, one of the cameras took pictures and stored them on the SD card, but would not send them to the CuddeLink home device - until a new SD card was installed. May not be your issue since you swapped your cards around, but you still might have something weird in the hardware of those two particular cams that does not like the size or brand of SD card. Otherwise cameras die once and a while and have to be sent in for repairs.
One of mine is on the way to the shop now, because it keeps taking pictures and filling up the q when nothing is really there. Tried clearing weeds and branches and moving it to different spots before I finally decided it needed work.
Looks like three of your J cameras have the 6D battery pack and one has the 12AA pack. Do you have each camera programmed with it's actual battery pack? Not sure that would be a huge problem, but it might make a difference.
The J cameras are my least favorite of the bunch, but having said that, I have 4 of them on solar that have been running for 450-960 days without issue. But the ones that run on battery, with battery booster packs, seem to get confused and not always use the power from the booster pack.
The Powerhouse G cameras with a 6 pack booster are my favorite. Unless they are on a feeder, taking a ton of pictures, they run for 100-200 days between battery changes. I used to run a lot of feeders with a camera on each, but being so far away from my farm (live in Florid and farm in is Kentucky) the feeders would quickly empty and pictures were slim. Decided to do away with all but one feeder, and spend all that feed money on cameras.
Good luck and I hope the above info might help in some way. Steve.

These are J-3s. Steve, thanks, my wife is from Owensboro, average deer there equal real good here. I had #2 running away, put 9004 freznel and EZ mode, 15 delay and it quit. Both problem cams now acting good with Link mode turned off. Only far right cam #4, has internal batteries installed. I bought cudde's 12v converted to 9v cables and have external batteries. Cord on #4 went dead, so 6Ds. With some other cams, I go to auto parts store and trade bad cell cores for low cranking amps batteries that will charge. I had one Moultrie that sat in woods for 3 years on free battery. Anyway, I'll try new cards in case the "LINK" portion of firmware seeks something unique from card configuration. I'm using 8gb SanDisk class 10 cards that other cams are happy with. Oh, #2 came with 4D new last year in August. Had a 6 on it, went back to stock to rule out battery pack as problem. Set as 4d in setup, it recognizes the 9v it's getting as external and sets as primary source. Looking forward to using system, just got to work bugs out.

I attacked #4 with a permanent marker, comes from roots as infantry, work in progress.IMG_20211102_141734667~2.jpg

Small world. My business was in Evansville, and my wife is from Princeton, hence the farm near there.
The same 8 gig cards are in a lot of my cameras, but I’ve recently put 32 gig in the home cameras and started using 16 gig as I need new ones for remotes.
I’ve not messed with a fresnel lens yet, so that’s good to know for the future. And I really like your camo job! Will have to try that some day.
Some really nice 130-140 class deer are showing up, but I’ve shot those b4, so I’m trying to let them get another year (or two) older and bigger. Not every neighbor does the same, but that’s ok. This is the guy I passed on during muzzleloader. Can’t see it in this photo, but both G2s are forked. Really hope I can see what he becomes next year!
99BF92B0-8D1B-4C89-B8CF-85172912A79F.jpeg

My cell cam fell off the network at 10pm last night. No emails since. When I get on the portal it only shows my cell cam under the report and shows battery ok. Is there anything I can do from online to troubleshoot?

These are J-3s. Steve, thanks, my wife is from Owensboro, average deer there equal real good here. I had #2 running away, put 9004 freznel and EZ mode, 15 delay and it quit. Both problem cams now acting good with Link mode turned off. Only far right cam #4, has internal batteries installed. I bought cudde's 12v converted to 9v cables and have external batteries. Cord on #4 went dead, so 6Ds. With some other cams, I go to auto parts store and trade bad cell cores for low cranking amps batteries that will charge. I had one Moultrie that sat in woods for 3 years on free battery. Anyway, I'll try new cards in case the "LINK" portion of firmware seeks something unique from card configuration. I'm using 8gb SanDisk class 10 cards that other cams are happy with. Oh, #2 came with 4D new last year in August. Had a 6 on it, went back to stock to rule out battery pack as problem. Set as 4d in setup, it recognizes the 9v it's getting as external and sets as primary source. Looking forward to using system, just got to work bugs out.
have you tested them without the 12volt power source? i would do that first if not , my first guess would be sd cards but if you switched them to other cameras then it may not be that, you may end up sending these in. im tuning this week dark to dark so i wont be responding until dark at least and possibly not each day

My cell cam fell off the network at 10pm last night. No emails since. When I get on the portal it only shows my cell cam under the report and shows battery ok. Is there anything I can do from online to troubleshoot?
you cannot , how long have batteries been in the cell unit ?

it typically needs to connect to the home 2- 3 times for you to see the change 24 hours isnt uncommon, if you tried to change aspect thats not working so it will still say pending.

Any chance making a change when cell service is not great can kick a cam off the network? I updated the report time showed pending for around 24 hours then gone from the network? Cam has worked without issue for about 2 months?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you cannot , how long have batteries been in the cell unit ?

Double post but exact same thing happened to me. Curious if changing settings caused it. Probably worst timing in the history of trail cams, go offline right when it is time to get serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk